Senior DevOps Engineer // Feingold Technologies
For our rapidly growing R&D Center in Berlin Mitte we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain Jenkins CI projects
- Maintain Ansible configuration management automation for deployment
- Coordinate efforts with development and management
- Estimation of capacity requirements and scaling to meet them
- Maintain health monitoring systems and integration with Datadog or Beats/Elasticsearch
- Set up and maintain production, staging and development stacks using Amazon VPCs
- Database operations with Elasticsearch, MongoDB and others, including import and export of data, backups, migration and scaling
- Technical documentation of operational details and procedures
- At least 2 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Fluent in English
- Autodidact fast learner, proactive attitude, work autonomously, ability to take full ownership on tasks and challenges
- High motivation and willingness to learn
- Eligibility to work in Germany would be advantageous
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, ElastiCache etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Ansible is preferred, but knowledge of Chef and/or Puppet is acceptable
- Significant experience in all of the following: Cloud architecture, Networking, Open VPN, Linux servers, script writing, the building and deployment of automation tools, DB management, Elasticsearch cluster maintenance, and MongoDB
- Familiarity with Java 8, Spring MVC, JUnit, Maven, and load testing
- Familiarity with Redis and RabbitMQ
- Experience with Packer and other Hashicorp tools
- Understanding of Networking Fundamentals, eg. subnets, TCP, UDP, ports etc.
- Famliarity or Experience with Linux/Docker containers deployment using Kebernetes
- Experience working with Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Bash scripting
- Knowledge of Python and/or Ruby
- Good understanding of the challenges of Scaling and experience devising solutions for these challenges
- Experience with automated deployment in large scale production environment
- Knowledge of security policies implementation best practices and familiarity with Big Data and Machine Learning would both be very advantageous.
Feingold Technologies GmbH, Sharecare\’s Innovation Technology & Products Center in Berlin, is a production grade R&D organization. We develop the future of human behavior technologies and health related systems for the purpose of creating a world class intelligent healthcare platform that anyone can use.
Some of our award winning developments include technologies for detecting stress and emotions from voice and text. We have used these technologies to understand our users’ relationships with their social circles and how these relationships affect their well being, leading us to understand the collective health of large populations.
We are now extending these technologies with the latest in machine learning, sensors and medical research.
Our team has been growing organically, from a collective of friends of friends to a dynamic, multi-skilled, international team of developers and engineers with a great passion for the latest technologies, AI systems, professional but flexible IT solutions.
We are ambitious, proactive, hands-on and result-oriented. For us it’s not just about technology, but also creativity and craft.
What we can offer you
- Be part of a dynamic, international and talented team
- The opportunity to get deeply involved in the research and development of our products
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, cross-team collaborations, short and open channels of communication
- The chance to learn and grow with regular in-office tech training sessions and participation in conferences
- A generous perks and benefits program for all employees.