Senior Fraud Analyst // Klarna
We at Klarna are looking for driven and energetic Fraud Analysts who also happen to like Python in order to join our new office in Berlin.
Our mission is to make payments as smooth as possible, reducing the friction you are facing when you purchase goods online. Our secret sauce to achieve this, is our ability to provide credit in real-time. If you want to learn more on how it is done, there is a great opportunity to join us, aim for awesomeness and write history.
We are currently serving 70 million customers and we are growing with a rate bigger than 50% annually, so there are very big opportunities having a massive impact in one of the very few profitable unicorns out there.
What you will do
Our Fraud Analytics Team focuses on the continuous improvement of our fraud real-time decisioning for every transaction processed by Klarna.
E-Commerce is changing quickly and so do the patterns of fraud. Our Fraud Analytics Team aim to identify these patterns with the help of manual and automated tools to protect our business, merchants and consumers from any fraud related losses and risks.
What do we expect from you
- Identify trends and patterns in the behavior of online payment and application fraud
- Take the lead for data analysis and data management
- Pro-actively and effectively communicating with various stakeholders, discussing the root cause
of fraud issues, assessing their impact and proposing solutions
- Work closely with Data Scientists to evolve fraud pattern models and develop implementation strategies delivering against business objectives
- Work closely with Engineers and 3rd parties in order to create more predictive features, use external data sources, and enable customer identification and authentication solutions to facilitate more accurate decisioning
- Work with manual and automated tools for deep insights and understanding of historical data
- Develop and implement automated fraud detection and real-time decisioning strategies, identifying opportunities, gathering data, producing analysis, presenting various options and driving resulting projects to conclusion
- Act as a trainer and consultant for our internal and external stakeholders
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent
- We have roles fit for either someone starting their career or ready to lead teams as a senior manager.
You should have
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business)
- Work experience (2-7 years) in Analytics with a focus on financial services, ideally fraud
- Strong analytical thinking abilities and a problem solving mindset
- Experience in the entire Analytics lifecycle, from requirements gathering, data extraction, manipulation and analysis to sharing insights and advising on decision making
- Experience of decision systems, including rule/strategy implementation and testing is preferred
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving
- Significant drive and ambition to solve complex business problems and drive change
- Strong conceptual ability to break down business and operational findings into actionable insight
What you can expect from us
- A very, very competent compensation package, based on your skill level.
- 6 weeks of paid holidays.
- A practically unlimited potential to develop and grow, both personally and professionally.
- Unlimited budget for personal development, including books, conferences and workshops.
- Amazing relocation package to Berlin, Germany
- Generous pension and insurance plans.
- A private cinema, among many, many other perks, in downtown Berlin.
Klarna is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If it sounds good, go ahead and contact us! We are looking forward to hear from you!
Sample Profiles (external):
Kwang Hyun Cha: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kwang-hyun-cha-a28a9211/
Monika Karwowska: https://www.linkedin.com/in/monika-karwowska-35a95343/
Fabian Klein: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fabianjklein/
Sample Profiles (internal):
Hazar Kamar: https://il.linkedin.com/in/hazarkamar
Jamil Azrak: https://se.linkedin.com/in/jamil-azrak-b79bba83