Software Support Specialist (f/m) // Mobisol
Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people’s standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
The Software Support Team plays a crucial role in shaping the future success of PAYGEE – a go-to solution for any business in need of a completely integrated PAYG (Pay-As-You-Go) platform. You will be in charge of providing technical end-user support to our quickly growing client base and collaborate in a dynamic, interdisciplinary team. Your client-centric, investigative and problem-solving skills will make a valuable contribution to our software development. You will be given the opportunity to rapidly advance through our Support and Software Development Teams should you demonstrate the willingness and capacity to do so.
- Providing end-user support to solve 1st level issues
- Taking ownership of end-user’s issues: Gather and analyse information and determine resolutions
- Responding to assignments and documenting progress and resolution within ticketing system
- Identifying and escalating complex issues to the 2nd level support team
- Providing guidance to all users of Software products, including explanation of the product’s core functionalities and workflows
- Collaborate with the Software Development Team, providing feedback from end-users and be part in the co-creation process (including the possibility to develop software solutions)
- You have working experience in customer service, while working in IT support service or related department
- You are a trouble shooter with an aptitude for problem solving
- You can talk nerdy and business: You understand both worlds and are able to translate and explain software issues to users in ways that make sense and apply to their daily business needs
- You speak English fluently, French would be an asset
- You are a team player as well as able to work independently with limited supervision
- You are excited by the idea, that your work is contributing the mission to improve people´s lives in the Global South through access to clean and affordable energy
- Gitlab, Ruby, Angular, vue.js, CSS – If you have an idea about this technologies, it´s great! It´s a plus, not a must
- Doing something meaningful – you´ll becoming part of an enterprise, that brings real positive impact to ordi-nary people in East Africa
- Personal development – beside new experiences of developing in an international context with new technolo-gies we support you with possibilities for participation on Hackathons, developer conferences and classical trainings
- Be part of a great team of people – which share the same mindset to plug in the world!
- Flat hierarchies and unconventional ways of doing things – your ideas and experiences are more than wel-come