Talent Acquisition Manager (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
Blinkist is a fast-growing company: expanding from 45 to 80 this year and planning to hire an additional 50+ people in 2018. As we scale, we are looking for excellent people who not only fit but also enrich our very unique culture and bring us to the next level. In order to do that, we are looking for a third recruiter to join our team. This is where you come in. You will help us grow the team, provide an unforgettable experience to our candidates and continue to improve the quality of our recruiting process. You will actively participate in Employer Branding and other HR projects as well.
What you will do:
- Lead – you will drive the end-to-end selection process for a wide range of positions at all levels and in all areas (i.e. engineering, data, marketing, design, product). From screening CVs, scheduling and performing interviews, to moderating the final decision making: you’ll do it all, and own the process every time
- Build – you will partner with hiring managers to create meaningful job postings, set up recruiting processes that suit the specific needs of each position and design scorecards to ensure we assess candidates in an unbiased, transparent and systematic way
- Sell – you will think of new ways to advertise our openings, develop out of the box sourcing strategies and sell Blinkist to passive and active candidates
- Support – you will guide candidates through the recruiting process and give them an awesome, memorable experience that makes them excited to join our team
- Measure – you will analyze recruiting data and implement new initiatives that increase the quality of our hires and raise the bar of talent acquisition at Blinkist
- Represent – you will support our Employer Branding strategy by evaluating and implementing some of our ideas, and all those great ones you’ll come up with
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- You have 2+ years experience in recruitment in-house
- You have a passion for all things recruiting! You are excited about the challenge of bringing the best talents on board and further shaping the organization
- You understand that recruiting is a speed game. You are pragmatic, you know how to prioritize and move quickly while always delivering quality work with a strong eye for detail
- You are searching for creative solutions and are eager to hack classical recruiting strategies – some experience in optimizing conversion funnels is a plus
- You are a super connector who is genuinely interested in getting to know people. You have built up a network that you continuously strive to nurture and expand
- You want to become a Blinkist ambassador and strongly identify with our values and mission. You are motivated by learning more about our work behind the scenes, and creating an awesome candidate experience is one of your main goals for every hiring process
- You are ambitious, you never settle and always challenge the status quo
- You are a great communicator in English, and just as good when it comes to listening
- [Bonus] You have some experience in Employer Branding including community management on social media and content creation
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Talent Acquisition Manager, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!