Team Assistant / Office Manager – Part Time // HotelTonight
HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing for tonight, tomorrow and beyond. Our goal is to be the premiere and most loved way to book a place to stay and we’re looking for a part time Team Assistant (20 hours per week) to help do just that.
The People Operations team at HotelTonight is responsible for creating an experience that attracts, retains and drives high performance for our team members. As a Team Assistant you will be responsible for helping us create and maintain an amazing and seamless office experience for our employees. You love being creative, are maniacal with the details, have diligent follow-through, and a passion for organization and cleanliness.
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU WILL:
- Partner with our Office Manager to accomplish office priorities.
- Assist to maintain office standards and aesthetic by ordering & restocking office supplies conducting regular quality-assurance walkthroughs.
- Ensure the kitchen is stocked by placing weekly orders and bar vendor orders regularly.
- Execute “Kitchen Blitz” ( fill & empty dishwasher ) twice daily.
- Actively receive orders and stock them accordingly.
- Provide admin and IT support with setting up meetings and presentations.
- Actively placing lunch orders and and assist in developing a routinized structure.
- Manage our Ebay Account and actively sell unused goods.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU WILL:
- Track office expenses and file office documents – training provided.
- Work closely with a variety of people, across departments and be the \’go to\’ person for any issues that need immediate attention.
- Own the ordering process of supplies and assist with improving vendor lists to ensure global experience.
- Execute satisfaction surveys to constantly be on track with our goals.
- Support office wide internal events, both small and large scale, such as office lunches, social events and happy hour. (Occasional evening event coverage may be required – with notice).
- Support with onsite recruitment drives, creating a positive and memorable candidate experience.
- Work with the EMEA HR Manager to:
- Assist with day to day responsibilities of HT\’s EMEA onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Assist with ordering HT swag supplies and distribution to EMEA offices.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU WILL:
- Assist visiting HotelTonight employees to ensure they have appropriate resources during their visit to EMEA offices – guide and training provided.
- Champion the HT employee brand by taking a lead in suggesting events and initiatives to drive and increase engagement.
- You will have helped create a gorgeous office and people will show it off to their friends and family every day!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
- Proven experience as a Team Assistant / Office Manager role in a startup or smaller office environment of c.40+ employees
- Fluent German & English communication skills (oral and written) and proven ability to follow-through. French speaker would also be useful.
- Willingness to travel a couple of nights a quarter to work in our London and Paris offices.
- Ability to thrive and problem-solve independently and to adapt in an evolving work environment
- Ability to multi-task with a high attention to detail, and in anticipation of deadlines or deliverables
- Proactive and detail oriented – you will notice what is out of place and fix it
- Finds joy in organizing and maintaining order and cleanliness
- Confident IT user, experience in Google Suite would be advantageous.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US:
- Part time, flexible working role, 20 hours per week.
- Be a part of redefining mobile commerce and changing the way people book travel at a thriving global start-up from San Francisco funded by top investors.
- A highly collaborative, supportive and flexible team environment that values asking the right questions, building solutions, and respecting everyone we work with
- We aren’t afraid to take risks, and we encourage you let go of the fear of failure and give that crazy but brilliant idea a shot
- We’ll help you create goals that drive you, take on projects that excite you, and learn things that will surprise you
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you\’re challenged, learning, growing, and recognized for all the great work you do
- The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
- Fun stuff — quarterly travel allowance, 25 days of vacation (pro-rated), Friday team lunch, a mobile phone allowance, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel, to spontaneously win airfare and a hotel stay anywhere in the world!
We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.