Analyst / Senior Analyst, Data Science/Analytics (m/f) – CastleGate // Wayfair
Wayfair is looking for a data driven analyst with strong technical skills, natural curiosity and attention to detail. Someone with an affinity for solving business problems by quantitative means who can keep an eye on the bigger picture while diving deep into our technology infrastructure and data sets.
You will join a small team of Data Scientists focused on creating the models and infrastructure to enable the wider team to successfully execute state-of-the-art Inventory Management in support of the unit’s overall business objectives. We offer you exciting puzzles to wrap your head around, a friendly and engaging team from which you can learn plenty (and who will want to learn from you) and an exciting atmosphere in a group where business outcomes really depend on your work.
- Executing longer-term projects to create models and infrastructure to help us flesh out a cutting-edge Inventory Management process
- Developing ideas and successfully converting them into tangible outputs that contribute to the continuous improvement of our Data Science offering for the business division
- Conducting analyses and building advanced reporting using SQL, Excel and R to drive business decisions
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Science
- 1-4 years’ experience in quantitative roles (including direct interactions with business stakeholders)
- Advanced experience with Excel and proficiency in SQL (or a system of equal complexity) required
- Proficiency and professional experience in programming preferable (e.g. R, VBA, Java, Python)
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving open-ended problems
- Highly collaborative, team-player attitude
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
• Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
• Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
• AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
• Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
• Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.3 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.