Assistant Manager, Catalog Operations (m/f) // Wayfair
Are you passionate about e-commerce and digital technologies? Do you have relevant professional and managerial experience?
As an Assistant Manager for Catalog operations in our Merchandising Team, you will see the direct success of your work and work directly on the product. You will be responsible for product updates with the aim of showing the end customer a flawless and convincing product selection and thus increasing the product sales.
From the first day, you will take responsibility for a team of at least 2 employees.
Additionally, you will work with many internal stakeholders, especially from our Category Team. You will build long-term relationships with your suppliers and continuously support them in presenting their products at Wayfair in the best possible way, thereby increasing joint sales.
- You’ll define priorities for your team and ensure effective and efficient work distribution
- You’ll coach and assist your team members in identifying relevant optimization levers and review their implementation
- You’ll analyze the current product catalog status and develop concrete action plans to optimize product presentation for suppliers within your category
- You will be in frequent exchange with suppliers, obtaining missing information such as product details, descriptions and images and make the relevant updates in our system
- You’ll help our suppliers add new products to our website and train them in using our extranet self-service
- In close collaboration with the Category Managers, you’ll define the strategic prioritization of the suppliers in your category
- You will assess product-specific KPIs and subsequent financial effects resulting from product catalog improvements made within your team
- You have successfully completed your university studies in business administration, economics, psychology, social sciences or engineering
- You have experience in team management and bring a minimum of 2 years of professional experience, preferably in e-commerce, technology or in management consulting
- You are a team player and enjoy working in an international faced-paced environment
- You have strong analytical skills, a keen sense of numbers, and you like quantitative problem solving
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German
- You have an eye for detail, enjoy putting yourself in the customer’s shoes and can find creative solutions
- You’re someone who likes to tackle challenges and follow things through from start to finish
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn @work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.