Associate Director Category Management (m/f) // Wayfair
Wayfair, the world’s leading online retailer for all things home (www.wayfair.com), is seeking a bright, driven, analytical and entrepreneurial leader to lead a business unit (‘Business Vertical’) consisting of a number of key categories and a team of category associates and category managers.
This is a unique general management role which will give you exposure and ownership to a full set of tasks and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the business growth of multi-million categories
- You will own the P&L of your categories, develop their business strategies and lead your team to execute the strategy and drive sales for each of the categories.
- You will build key supplier relationships and industry network in order to drive business, strengthening your supplier base and widen Wayfair’s influence
- You will be responsible for recruiting, managing, coaching and developing your team.
Your responsibilities in detail
- Drive profitable growth in your categories (top-down and bottom-up levers)
- Develop and execute category strategy in concert with buy-in from the senior management; this includes advance catalogue expansion
- Collaborate across departments to drive category goals
- Improve profits through strategic supplier relationship management ensuring we are competitive in the marketplace on pricing/economics
- Supplier relationship management; execute high volume of negotiations with existing suppliers including everyday pricing, warehouse stock programs, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Roughly 15% travel for meeting suppliers at trade shows in cities such as London, Frankfurt, Paris or Milan
Your skills and experience
- Strong leadership skills by having led teams and/or major projects and/or business growth in the past
- Strong analytical skills
- Master or MBA from top tier school preferred
- Several years of experience in preferably management consulting, e-commerce or retail environment
- Interest in large data sets to drive strategic insights
- Comfortable in technology-driven business environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit by proven track record in owning and driving major businesses and/or project and/or topics to a success
- Excellent communication skills; experience in negotiations preferred
- Prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry
- Fluency in English and German essential
Our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, bonus and an attractive stock package we are listed on the NYSE since 2014
- A fast paced, agile and truly international working environment with teams in Berlin, London, and Boston
- A real opportunity to make an impact, to test and build things in an entrepreneurial organization.
- A company culture where we care about your work-life balance and offer you unlimited paid vacation time. Progression at Wayfair is based on results not on hours spent in the office.
- Regular collaboration with senior leadership globally.
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in net revenues for full year 2015 and $786.9 million in net revenues for second quarter 2016. Wayfair employed 5,398 people as of June 30, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with international offices in Berlin, Galway and London.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →