Buyer (m/f) // Wayfair
Are you ready to help build the world’s largest e-commerce retailer for furniture and household goods in the world? We are Wayfair, the largest online retailer for household goods in the US, NYSE listed and rapidly growing our European operations. This is your opportunity to join our fast-paced and talented team on our mission to conquer the European market.
We are now seeking a Buyer whose primary challenge will be to grow the Wayfair catalogue and make sure we always have all products and styles available in the market on the Wayfair website. You will be directly responsible for managing junior buyers, executing tactics, and working closely with senior management on strategy and process improvements. This is a highly cross functional role partnering with our Category Management, Operations and Merchandising teams. Being a self-starter and creative problem solver with a passion for all things home, as well as knowing our competitors inside and out – you will be expected to ensure your team executes and successfully reaches their targets.
- Manage a buying team based in Berlin, responsible for your team targets and reporting to senior management.
- Work with category management on identifying product gaps and the best potential suppliers to fill them.
- Closely align with senior management on process improvement and reporting.
- Analyze the current catalogue and competitor websites to find new suppliers.
- Attend trade shows and industry events to build relationships with your growing supplier base.
Your skills and experience
- Smart, strategic and analytical thinker.
- Proven track record in leading and managing people.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic projects across cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with hands-on commercial experience.
- Comfortable in a technology-driven, numbers-oriented business environment.
- Previous experience in negotiation preferred.
- German and English language fluency is mandatory with any other European language being beneficial.
What we can offer you:
- An attractive salary, including a bonus plan based on your performance and equity package.
- Training opportunities and the chance for career development in a fast-growing international company with offices in London, Berlin, Galway and Boston.
- Mentors and coaches to help you with the steep learning curve.
- The chance to become part of our growing team in Europe and enjoy regular team events, company parties and a variety of networking opportunities.
- Discounted gym membership, weekly yoga classes and wellness week events (including massages) to help you find the right work life balance.
- An open and collaborative office environment.
- A chance to be part of the Berlin start up scene, right in the heart of Kreuzberg.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.