Competitive Analyst // KAYAK
Drawing conclusions or identifying issues based on analyzing data is your thing. You want to help create the best travel product out there. You enjoy puzzles, problem-solving, and the Socratic Method. You like startups but want the security of an established team and product. You aren’t terribly allergic to dogs.
KAYAK is looking for an analytically-minded, detail-oriented team player with the drive to improve the product and user experience across all markets. The position will be based in our Berlin Technology Center and will require collaboration with local specialists and engineers in Berlin and our other offices.
- Comprehensive analysis of international markets
- Identifying discrepancies and missing content and working closely with Business Development to resolve issues
- Diagnosing and solving technical issues to improve overall competitiveness
- Liaising with the engineering team to solve technical issues
- Statistical analysis of price development for specific locales
- Summarizing market analysis for C-level Executives
- Supporting the development of an internal automated comprehensive testing tool
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel
- Previous work experience in analysis (≥ 2 years) or equivalent education
- Travel industry background preferred
- Fluent in English, German/other languages beneficial
- Good communication skills for identifying and escalating issues
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Logical and Data-driven mindset
- Experience working with international teams
Please submit a cover letter along with your CV to be considered for this position.
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of The Priceline Group.
Benefits & Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- 3 year anniversary travel bonus
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →