Data Analyst // GetYourGuide
Why is it important to us?
Data is the lifeblood of our growing business. It drives our decision-making on a daily basis and keeps the organization focused on the biggest and most fundamental opportunities for our customers. As a key member of our team, you will act as glue between departments, helping uncover issues, communicating opportunities, and keeping the organization aligned. Responsibilities will include building deep and actionable insights out of our data, defining and developing metrics, automating key analyses through reporting, and presenting clear findings to stakeholders from functional teams to the executive team.
- Develop quantitative analysis to support product and business decisions and strategy
- Explore large datasets, identify opportunities, and present findings to stakeholders
- Use data to investigate and help resolve issues in our product or processes
- Design and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports
- Uncover data quality issues and be part of key initiatives in that area
- Serve as a liaison between the Product teams and the data engineering team
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a business intelligence, analytics, or data science / data scientist role, including relevant tools, techniques and technology
- Good knowledge of SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL), web and app analytics (e.g. Google Analytics), and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with reporting tools (e.g. Looker, Pentaho) and data visualization concepts
- Desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction and with highly engaged individuals
A few things you might have that we like
- Experience with large-scale data tools (e.g. Spark, Hive) is a plus
- Experience with statistical packages (R, SAS, SPSS, Python)
- Experience with data modelling and warehousing concepts
More reasons to join us
- We are headquartered in Berlin!
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 45 nationalities, we speak english but also provide german lessons
- Relocation Assistance and a great People team that has all the insights to German bureaucracy
- Quarterly Hackathons, weekly tech talks and a training budget to sharpen your skills even more
… and of course free breakfast as well as pizza and beer happy hour on Friday
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit for our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →