Data Specialist, Commercial Partnerships // KAYAK
We are looking for a Data Specialist to join our Supplier Data Team in Commercial Partnerships. This is an entry level position and mainly focuses on different fees – maintaining, collecting and verifying data as well as managing all related communication both internally and externally. We would love to hear from you if you are a detail-oriented problem solver who thrives on scrubbing data to perfection, but also feels comfortable fulfilling the external-facing parts of the role. It is also essential that you have the ability to crunch data, work with spreadsheets and have good email skills.
- Day to day administration of internal static data sheets, focusing mainly on payment fees and baggage data globally
- Day to day administration of dynamic fees from APIs – testing, updates, diagnostics, problem solving
- Testing the sites and identifying any discrepancies and missing content. Collecting the data from airline sites, working with providers and doing independent research to fix any issues
- Liaising with engineering teams to manage technical issues and updates
- Working closely with third parties and the rest of internal Business Development team on daily tasks
- Simple statistical analysis
- Assisting with ad hoc projects; data collection and verification, product development, launching new site features, provider communication etc.
- Solid logical and mathematical mindset
- Excellent Excel skills
- Needs to like to tinker with data and be perfectionist when it comes to the spreadsheets, extremely detail-oriented
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Self-starter and motivator
- Bonus Skills
- Knowledge of airline / online travel industry
- Knowing how to use JIRA and Cognos
- Experience working with databases
- Experience in working with back-end and UI engineering teams
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of The Priceline Group.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- 3 year anniversary travel bonus
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours