Digital and social media producer // redfish
redfish is a new kind of media company with a focus on creating critical investigative and collaborative short-documentaries that inspire social and economic change.
Vacancy: Digital and Social Media producer (full-time)
Are you a social ninja? Have you got the gift-of-the gab? Are you passionate about getting the best results out of online media?
redfish is seeking a dedicated and experienced digital and social media producer who would jump at the chance to be our voice across redfish’s channels and platforms.
This isn’t just a role for posting links, but an opportunity for a first-class writer and content creator who understands redfish’s brand and content, with a hunger for local and international news.
Speaking to our audience in a way that both engages with their emotions and compels them to participate in the discussion about the topics we cover should come intuitively to you.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Shape and maintain social and editorial channels, ensure frequency of communication.
- Create catchy and engaging copy for redfish’s social and digital platforms.
- Develop tone and a distinctive on-brand voice for redfish.
- Monitor the news cycle for breaking and plannable opportunities for redfish to publish and push content.
- Manage and publish all content promos, including video and visual material on all of redfish’s social and editorial channels and platforms.
- Stay ahead of trends in the ever-changing social and digital landscape and propose ideas and recommendations accordingly.
- Create platform specific content where relevant.
- Create and track paid social campaigns across platforms to drive awareness, develop strategy within editorial timelines.
- Identify the most compelling visuals to accompany content, and packaging those for effective sharing.
- Ability to focus on existing platforms, delivering upon results, while experimenting with emerging platforms and products.
- From time to time, you may be required to perform general administrative duties
- Collect data for analytics reports and work with the Online Media and Partnerships Manager to make best use of this data.
- To be a brand ambassador for redfish at all times.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You have a minimum of 2+ years’ experience across all relevant social platforms
- Exceptional team player who handles developing and managing strong working relationships with staff and stakeholders with ease.
- You know how to utilise the best social reach using organic and paid media
- You have experience with creating social assets, platform research and development, and story development
- We are looking for someone who is adaptable, has a good eye for detail and has strong communication skills.
- Understand the roles of influencers, partners and brand ambassadors in bringing our content to the largest audiences.
- You are a native Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit user. You don’t just know the best way to use these platforms, you live them.
- Knowledge of blogging platforms and their role in the video sharing ecosystem.
- Deep understanding of emerging social marketing trends.
- Some understanding of SEO, SEM tactics and strategy would be useful.
- Bonus: A knowledge of how to create and edit social media videos (Adobe premier and Adobe photoshop) and graphics would be desirable.
- Must be native English speaker.
- Must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Must already live in Berlin.
Interested applicants should supply cover letter, CV and any other supporting filed (e.g. portfolio, showreel). Only successful applicants will be contacted.