Director Business Intelligence // GoEuro
Driven by our team of over 220 people from more than 45 different countries, GoEuro is changing the way we travel across Europe. One simple search provides the best options for you by train, bus or flight to any city, town or village in Europe to suit your individual budget and schedule.
At our headquarters in the heart of Berlin, we take advantage of our diversity to find new and innovative ways to help our customers as we build a revolutionary product and of course, have fun.
As our Director of Business Intelligence at GoEuro, you will…
…manage and grow a powerful BI team and establish a data-driven decision making culture at the company. You will lift our data platform and our BI toolbox to the next level and cater high-quality data to our data-hungry crowd. In this position you will report directly to the CTO and work closely with our C-Level on strategic topics.
With millions of user visits a month coming from over 120 countries there is wealth of data to process. A snapshot of tasks:
- Be the master of GoEuro data: understand it, model abstractions, define what we track, link data sources and ensure their quality
- Build up a top-notch, scalable system for the measurement of GoEuro´s KPIs
- Automate reports and deliver self-service dashboards to our teams
- Represent BI in new projects and define requirements
- Be the first point of contact to internal stakeholders and balance ad-hoc requests with quarterly OKRs
- Lead and grow the BI team and contribute to our company culture by hiring great people
You are an analytical thinker with a strong passion for data and want to own a key function at a great company? Please have a look at our requirements:
- You have a technical background and at least 4 years of BI experience in an internet company
- You are focused on results, love to get things done, are autonomous, diligent and reliable
- Solid knowledge of web / mobile tracking solutions, ETL processes, relational databases
- SQL expert, fluency in programming language is a plus (e.g. Java, Python, Scala)
- Knowledge of distributed processing environments like Hadoop, MapReduce, Apache Spark
- You have solid experience in quantitative research methodologies
- Analytical thinker passionate about drilling down into the problem to solve it at its root
- A true team player with a keen interest in solving technical, product and business challenges throughout the company
- Thriving in fast paced environment
- Great communication skills & strategic mindset
- Lead the BI function of GoEuro and play a major role in developing a truly outstanding company
- Contribute to develop a unique, quickly growing travel product for millions of users
- Lots of nice benefits such as free german classes, yoga lessons, a variety of team buildings and social events
- A fantastic job with an attractive compensation package including high base salary and equity
Are you the one we´re looking for?
We can´t wait to receive your application!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →