Editor / German // Babbel
With Babbel everyone can learn a new language. The top grossing online language learning app empowers learners to start speaking straight away. 73% of Babbel’s users feel they’d be able to hold a short conversation after just five hours of using the app. Recognised by Fast Company Magazine as the most innovative education company of 2016, Babbel’s courses make it easy to learn 14 different languages from 7 display languages. Unique to Babbel, our team of language experts build individual courses for each language pair.
Available for web, iOS and Android, bite-sized lessons cover useful real-world topics, from introducing oneself and ordering food, to local colloquialisms and idioms. Founded in 2007, the company recently surpassed 1,000,000 active subscribers and has a team of over 500 people of 45 nationalities working in Berlin and New York.
Improving the way people learn languages is a great challenge — we’re looking for a new Editor for German content production to join our Didactics team.
- Produce and review content for German as a learning language
- Editing German language courses
- Proofread & review texts in German as a display language
- Localizing other language courses for German speaking markets
- German is your mother tongue
- Excellent English skills
- Other languages, also on beginner’s level, are a big plus
- University degree in German as a foreign language, German studies, Education, Linguistics, Translations or a related field
- Experience in teaching and production of teaching material
- Experience in editing and translating
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the digital self-study market
- A passion for languages and cultures
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Work in a truly international and fast-growing start-up
- Help develop a high quality, useful product
- Great opportunities for personal growth
- A vibrant international team from over 45 different nationalities
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page, our blog and our techblog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!