Editor-in-Chief/Manager // Saga
If this sounds like you, you may very well be our new Editor-in-Chief of our new Berlin office.
Saga is a digital publishing house/corporate startup under the Egmont corporate umbrella. Since 2014 we have become digital market leaders in the Danish publishing business, a growing player on the German audiobook market, and a fierce challenger to the established Swedish digital book market.
We are now planning on expanding our business to an array of new markets, and to move the international expansion out of our office in Copenhagen to Berlin. For this we are looking for a local manager, who can build and run the business from day to day and who will be responsible for making the new division grow. Just as the operations from our Copenhagen office, the expansion will run as a corporate startup which will leave much freedom for the local management to develop the business. The Editor-in-Chief will refer to the Publishing Director of Saga.
The Editor-in-Chief will be in charge of:
- A team of new-to-the-company employees.
- Building up the business in the new markets.
- Monitoring development of sales in each market.
- Agreements with external partners.
- And much, much more.
- You preferably have experience with starting a business on your own.
- You have experience with budgeting, and you are a super user of Excel.
- You understand how to analyze incoming data from markets, and you can swiftly change direction accordingly.
- You speak fluent English. Candidates with additional languages will be preferred.
- Experience with IT-systems such as Navision, database management is a valued skill.
- You don’t necessarily have years and years of management experience.
- The right mindset.
- Flexibility – lots of travel activity will be expected.
- That you don’t take no for an answer.
- That you can juggle between our internal easy going workstyle, running a serious business and communicating formally with external partners.
- That you understand an array of cultural codes and can navigate professionally herein.
- A job with much responsibility.
- A “fast forward”-track in your career.
- An everyday job where no two days are the same.
If this sounds interesting, please send a motivation letter and your resume to Editor-in-Chief, Mette Caserta firstname.lastname@example.org and Publishing Director, Lasse Horne, email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact Mette Caserta on the email above.
Salary according to qualifications. The contract will be time limited to two years, with the possibility of extension.
Learn more about Saga at www.sagabooks.com.
Application deadline: July 15th 2017. Applications received after this date will not be taken into consideration.