Business Development Manager // Babbel
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 600 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager for our office in Berlin!
To strengthen our New Business Initiatives Team we are looking for a Business Development Manager who will help our New Business Initiatives team to define and refine minimum viable business models and products. You will have a chance to shape a new business from an early stage and work hands-on with a multi-functional team to develop and advance customer acquisition and growth strategies for these products.
- Refine and validate the business model of a minimum viable product/business and define new business models for new ventures, products and services
- Explore and analyze markets, industry trends and competitors and identify current best practices and market leaders
- Define the customer value proposition of new product ideas & features to guide messaging and product positioning
- Help define and test a multi-channel growth strategy for one of our new business opportunities including initial go-to-market strategy
- Drive insights and convert these into actionable steps to shape and improve the customer acquisition process
- Develop a financial case and define and validate core KPIs, such as cost per metrics, retention, sales funnel metrics and LTV to drive the business
- Work hands-on with a developer team, incl. Product Management and Engineering and project-lead other stakeholders such as Analytics, UX and Performance Marketing
- Assess operational business and product requirements and build a network of partners and suppliers, both internally and externally
- Embrace an agile and iterative approach in your work
- Minimum 5 years experience with strategy development, business planning and quantitative and economic modeling (preferred)
- Design or product development expertise includng product prototyping and testing
- A passion for building, bringing to market, and scaling digital products and services
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape our new business initiatives and products
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and to analyse, synthesise, recommend and take actions
- Previous marketing or user acquisition and growth experience
- Expert communication, presentation, and material preparation skills required
- Minimum 3 years experience in a top-tier consulting firm and/or successful high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- A vibrant international team from over 50 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you!