Entrepreneur in Residence (m/f) // Secret Escapes
Entrepreneur in Residence (m/f) in Berlin
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the world’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five-star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 70% off.
We’re looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there’s no room for coasting along. We’re friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We’re not afraid to get our hands dirty and we’re all madly passionate about our brand.
Following a recent funding of $ 111 million, we are intensifying our international presence and are looking for an “Entrepreneur in Residence” for our Berlin office.
While working for Secret Escapes you will get profound insights into the set-up of a successful high-growth online business and will be directly involved in accelerating our international expansion.
Your entrepreneurial drive and hands-on mentality will have a strategic and operational impact on the success story of Secret Escapes. In your daily routine you will be working on your own projects side-by-side with senior management and experienced entrepreneurs. The position is project based for a time period of six to twelve months after which a long-term employment will be discussed.
Things you will be working on
As Entrepreneur in Residence (m/f) you will be responsible for driving strategic and operational growth projects from planning to successful delivery including the development and full ownership of all involved project stages.
Your broad business knowledge, analytical capabilities and proven entrepreneurial expertise enable you to identify market opportunities, evaluate the impact for Secret Escapes and lead the integration of chosen projects into the day-to-day operations. A reflective approach to your project research ensures that the impact on the business growth is visible when presenting the results directly to our managing directors.
How the magic happens
With your passion for data and your entrepreneurial thinking you have an eye for the most promising ideas and your business knowledge ensures that you develop the best go-to-market strategies.
For this the ideal candidate has
- A Master’s degree in business, economics or similar, proving outstanding achievement – preference given for MBA from top-ranking school
- 2-3 years high-impact professional experience (e.g. consulting, start-up) and general business knowledge
- Fluent in English – ideally also in German
- High work ethic and the passion to always deliver
- Hands-on mentality, entrepreneurial thinking and ambitions to build your own venture
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Outstanding communicator
And you are…
- Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis
- Results driven, yet light hearted and fun
- A collaborative and inclusive spirit who wants to deliver excellence
- Prepared to listen to and be influenced by sound arguments and new information or evidence
- Have gravitas, style and a presence that makes a positive impression
- Set an inspiring example through personal delivery, energy and determination
- A role model with a problem solving, solution-focused approach to ensure the team always get the job done and overcome any obstacles
- You seek out and use data when available to take data-driven risks and make informed commercial decisions
If the position and the responsibilities sound interesting for you, then take the challenge and grow with Secret Escapes. We are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter via our careers page: http://careers.secretescapes.de/job/?job_id=918366.