Head of Market DACH (m/f) // Secret Escapes
Head of Market DACH (m/f) in Berlin
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the world’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five-star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 70% off.
We’re looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there’s no room for coasting along. We’re friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We’re not afraid to get our hands dirty and we’re all madly passionate about our brand.
Following a recent funding of $ 111 million, we are intensifying our international presence and continuing our success story.
Secret Escapes DACH is the biggest and most successful territory. To increase our professionality and efficiency, we are looking for a “Head of Market DACH (m/f)” in our Berlin office to take over the operational leadership of diverse teams across the business of the biggest Secret Escapes territory.
Things you will be working on
As “Head of Market for DACH (m/f)” you are a part of the middle management and responsible for diverse teams and their performances on the German market:
Your management responsibility covers the following areas
- Trading Analysis & Revenue Management
- Customer Service
- Media Sales & Commercial Partnerships
Through guidance and coordination, you will make sure that the group goals are communicated and ‘translated’ into the right plan of action for the teams you are responsible for. With your cross-functional business knowledge and the understanding of the needs of each team, you will set the right targets to achieve the overall business goals.
Together with our Marketing team in London you will drive sales page views through email and non-email traffic plus CRM to increase email open rates and click-through rates as well as site performance; converting supply to sales. Our Media Sales & Commercial Partnerships teams in Berlin will report directly into you and you will drive their business and sales.
The role reports to the General Manager DACH, BeNeLux & Scandinavia and works alongside the senior management team in Berlin and diverse teams in London.
How the magic happens
Being the contact point in between the General Manager DACH, BeNeLux & Scandinavia and the market-side managers and executives, you have to co-ordinate different expectations as well as motivate and create a performance culture within.
The ideal candidate has
- A solid professional e-commerce background (min 5 years) with proven ownership of marketing channels – preference is given to candidates with entrepreneurial experience
- A Master’s degree in business, economics or similar, proving outstanding achievement – preference given for MBA from top-ranking school
- Experience in leadership of different teams
- Expert stakeholder management and cross-functional communication skills
- Fluent in English – ideally also in German
- Experience in matrix organisation
- High work ethic and the passion to always deliver
- Hands-on mentality and entrepreneurial thinking
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Outstanding communicator
And you are
- Someone who exceeds people’s expectations on a regular basis
- Results driven, yet light hearted and fun
- A collaborative and inclusive spirit who looks to enable teams to deliver excellence
- Prepared to listen to and be influenced by sound arguments and new information or evidence
- Have gravitas, style and a presence that makes a positive impression
- Set an inspiring example through personal delivery, energy and determination
- A role model with a problem solving, solution-focused approach to ensure the team always get the job done and overcome any obstacles
- You seek out and use data when available to take data-driven risks and make informed commercial decisions
If the position and the responsibilities sound interesting for you, then take the challenge and grow with Secret Escapes. We are looking forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter!