Head of Water Science // mitte
mitte aims to change how water is consumed. We are creating the first smart home appliance that enables users to create mineral water at home. Apply and become part of a motivated and fun team in Berlin!
As mitte moves closer to its launch date and the hardware development is reaching its later stages, we need to thoroughly work on our water enhancement process. In line with our mission of creating perfect and healthy water, we need to understand how all ingredients work among each other to give the water different properties, optimise the enhancement process and even bring along new ingredients to our mix. We have developed a unique in the world, patent-pending mineralisation process as a proven and stable platform for water enhancement and are now seeking to build upon this powerful foundation and add more variety to create the perfect waters for all our users.
This is where you come in. With your technical and scientific knowledge and eagerness to learn, you will support the tech team in the development of our different mineral cartridges, core technology and key to our business model. We are looking for a team leader who is very flexible and hands on!
- Guide our water science department as part of our larger technology team
- Refine existing and define new water mineralization methods and mineral ingredients
- Direct our 3 person water science team to design and carry out experiments,
- Analyze results and feedback insights to our CTO
- Support on solving problems and obstacles that come along in the product development process from prototype to fulfillment (including supporting setting up production and establishing quality control)
- Interacting with other internal teams (business, marketing, innovation) and liaising with external partners at different stages of the product development process
- Graduate of a scientific or technical degree program, with a strong background in inorganic chemistry and/or water science.
- Capacity to manage the details of a complex technical project.
- Practical knowledge: planning and implementation of experiments, documentation and presentation.
- Theoretical knowledge: understand chemical reactions of different minerals in water, interactions between different cations and anions in the water, solubility, acid-base reactions
- Motivation to familiarize yourself with a new topic and enjoy solving complex technical problems
- Track record of working independently, in a proactive and self-motivating way, achieving excellent and timely results.
- Full English proficiency (written and spoken skills)
- Be a strong team player, able to work in an international team and with different disciplines (hardware, software, business, marketing, etc)
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with product development
- Experience with nutrition
- Experience with food and beverage production process and regulations
- Experience with process engineering
- German language.
- Nutrition knowledge
- Drinking water regulations knowledge
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Start date: as soon as possible
- We think this is a great learning and growing opportunity – skill- and networking-wise.