Junior Legal Counsel (F/M) // Fractal Blockchain
- Start 16th July 2018
- Full-time Job
About Fractal Blockchain:
Fractal Blockchain is a software company based in Berlin. We support digital companies with the implementation of decentralized systems and software development.
Position Description :
We are looking for an EU-qualified Junior Legal Counsel to join our fast-growing international team. You will report directly to the General Counsel and partner with other departments to maximize legal department effectiveness and scale legal operations as the company continues to expand. In this role you will handle:
- Legal matters occurring in Fractal Blockchain’s business operations (e.g. sales agreements, collaborations, IP matters, IT contracts, confidentiality, data privacy and GDPR, Due Diligence, Cyber Security, Insurance);
- Legal research and work on blockchain and cryptocurrency regulations;
- Legal research and work on KYC, AML, and capital markets legislation;
- Corporate secretarial support (e.g. incorporation documents, registrations, filings with authorities, shareholder resolutions);
- Ensure risk awareness and compliance with applicable laws, support the development of company standards, provide training, and support enforcement;
- Diversified legal tasks on domestic as well as crossborder basis;
- Draft, negotiate and/or review legal documents and prepare position papers, excel documents and powerpoint presentations regarding Corporate Governance, Compliance, Labor, KYC, Capital Markets and more;
- You will support the development and archiving of templates, accumulation of departmental knowledge, and share and retrieval systems and processes.
You are excited to join a vibrant international Blockchain space and are passionate about open source. You have at least 2 years working experience as a lawyer, preferably in a German or an international environment, either as in-house or as a lawyer in a reputable law firm. You can solve complex tasks in a legally accurate yet pragmatic and timely manner. You are trustworthy and reliable with a good sense of humor, proactive and eager to learn, with the ability and willingness to expand and adapt.
- Fully qualified in at least one EU jurisdiction, business driven and pragmatic with outstanding legal qualifications and EU university law degree;
- Close familiarity with German and EU Capital Markets legislation, the regulation of payment services and corresponding requirements, is a very strong plus;
- Previous work experience in any of the following: KYC, AML, Blockchain and/or Crypto Currency, is considered a strong plus;
- Excellent English, preferably native, with solid German skills: spoken, verbal and written;
- Talent for absorbing new skills and areas of expertise quickly and comfortably and the flexibility to deal with a diverse set of tasks and clients;
- Self-starter able to prioritize, adapt and execute multiple projects concurrently and discreetly, work well under pressure in a deadline-driven organization;
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers as well as all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work independently (with little or no supervision), with strict self-monitoring for efficiency and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
The chance to work in a successful, rapidly growing startup with offices in Germany, Singapore, and Portugal, at one of today’s most innovative and highly sophisticated fields.
Our office in Berlin’s startups’ hotspot Space Shack Coworking is located in trendy Schöneberg and offers a comfortable work setting paired with a good team spirit, a dynamic, and truly international environment, with a vision and strategy to create something remarkable. This role offers a wide professional growth horizon, with the opportunity to develop your skills and learn constantly. Also on offer are various corporate benefits (both internal and external), including reduced priced lunches, free coffee, napping room, lounge and various company events.
Sounds good to you?
To apply, use the following link: https://fractalblockchain.typeform.com/to/GD2f1d