(Junior) Legal Counsel / Syndicator Lawyer (m / f) // Element
ELEMENT Insurance AG is Germany’s first digital composite insurer. We offer our customers a technology platform that enables them to offer their target groups innovative insurance products fully digitally in the shortest possible time. Our clients include online retailers, insurtechs, insurance brokers and traditional primary insurers. Together in a highly motivated team of technology enthusiasts, insurance experts and thought leaders, we are shaping the digital evolution in the world of insurance. We are driven by a common idea: “Insurance must be better – new, completely digital and without bureaucracy”.
To strengthen our team in the field of law / compliance, we are looking for a (junior) legal counsel / attorney lawyer (m / w) at the earliest possible date. You love challenges and want a wide range of legal work with a focus on general civil law and insurance law? In search of ever new possibilities you dig through legal texts and never settle for the first solution? You enjoy the legal design and understand economic relationships? Then you are exactly right with us!
What challenges you?
- Processing of tasks from all legal topics of our company with focus on general civil and contract law and insurance law, this includes the examination of legal issues, the granting of legal advice, the formation of legal relationships and the responsible representation to the outside
- Advising the business units on insurance-related basic issues as well as on operative issues of day-to-day business, including recommendations for action taking into account any risk considerations
- Cooperation in the design of general insurance conditions and special conditions in all sectors of composite insurance in close cooperation with our product managers
- You advise and support ELEMENT’s partner and sales teams in day-to-day business and provide legal opinions
What makes you successful?
- As a trained lawyer you have completed both state examinations with above-average results
- You have an affinity for the Fintech & InsurTech industry and to build up innovative insurance products and insurance law or strong interest in these areas of expertise
- You are in a position to find solutions for complex tasks and processes in a goal-oriented manner and to give pragmatic recommendations for action
- You are “hands-on” and use your communication skills to convince interlocutors in a personal conversation with practice-oriented solutions
- You act as a business partner for all areas and the board
- Your English is business fluent
- Self-responsible and varied field of activity
- The opportunity to actively shape the modern insurance of the future and to be part of our digital revolution
- An excellent learning culture and working with a highly motivated and experienced team
- The unique opportunity to actually make a difference
- Access to a large network in the Berlin startup scene as well as a job in West Berlin