Manager Business Insights & Analytics (m/f) // Wayfair
Category Planning is a hub for analytics, technology, and operational needs of Category Management and Central Buying. On the one hand, members of Category Planning are tasked with recurring and ad hoc reporting for Top Management, extracting actionable insights from our SQL databases while on the other hand, managing cross-functional projects, improving workflows of various teams we support and giving tactical support on all areas of the Wayfair business.
Typical projects include analyzing trends and conducting root cause analyses and providing recommendations for next steps, defining new/ improved KPIs with our Business Intelligence team or liaising with other teams across the business (Marketing, Pricing, Operations) to create actionable reports for Top Management and Category Managers.
The ideal candidate has a passion for diving deep to retrieve and synthesize data into clear insights and actionable recommendations with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Surface insights from a wealth of performance data and tightly monitor financial, customer and operational data to spot trends in the business
- Report weekly & monthly to EU and worldwide Top Management on the performance and evolution of the Wayfair EU business
- Perform work that is both tactical (deep-diving into real-time trends impacting the business) and strategic (identifying growth opportunities)
- Build-up data science knowledge hub within Category Planning
- Cross-functional project management (Marketing, Product, Pricing, Data Science team)
- Work with Associate Director on long-term Analytics & Reporting roadmap
- Prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
- Use SQL, data analytics, and other tools to find patterns and identify root causes
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a strong academic record in economics, math, statistics, engineering, business or related field is a plus
- 4-5 years of experience in a data-focused, quantitative role (client-facing roles, such as in consulting, technology, start-up, banking, strategy are a plus)
- Extremely collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Exceptional written, visual and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skill
- Fluent in English (German a plus)
- Experience in managing people a plus
- Able to drive multiple threads of work to completion
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Positive, energetic attitude with a can-do mentality
- Excel crack, SQL ninja and knowledge of other mathematical programs (e.g. R or MathLab) a definite plus
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.