Managing Director // SmileBack
We’re SmileBack, a fast growing, post-revenue SaaS start-up in Berlin with an awesome client feedback platform. SmileBack is used by hundreds of companies in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand. We believe in people-first technology, which is why we built an easy-to-use, integrated product that helps companies listen better to their clients.
Our founder is looking to put himself out of a job by finding a Managing Director to take the baton and add a zero (or two) to our revenue line. You will take over a great team of about ten people at our German operations firm, Animal House Marketing UG, running a product that has 100% 5-star ratings in its app marketplace. Oh, and we are generating steady revenue and have been fully bootstrapped so there are no annoying VC masters to deal with. If this sounds interesting to you, here are some specifics about the position:
- Set, execute, and iterate the company’s growth strategy. We believe we are poised to 10x our annual revenue of $1 million and are looking for the kind of assertive leader who feels the same
- Manage, inspire, and coordinate our already very happy and highly-effective team, and then grow it in lock step with the business
- Drive entry onto new platforms and deepen our presence in our current markets—we are currently launching into a second platform and have about a dozen more opportunities
- “Own” our current product and make strategic decisions about new product and feature development
- Become an expert on the topic of customer satisfaction and stay abreast of new thinking, innovations, trends in the topic and find ways to integrate these with our product(s)
This isn’t your first rodeo—you have led or were in the C-suite of a tech start-up before
- You have in-depth knowledge of SaaS products and an understanding of the key drivers of a SaaS company—terms like MRR and CAC don’t make you think ‘WTF?’
- You have worked with a majority American client base and know how to sell to an American customer
- A degree in business is a strong asset
- You have professional fluency in English and are eligible for work authorization in Germany
- Leadership, management, and spectacular communication are passions of yours
As an employer, we’re committed to investing in our team members. We embrace the various backgrounds that make individuals unique and strive to create a work environment that enables our employees to expand their own skills and experience.
Beyond offering competitive pay, we also have some top-notch perks that we created based on what our employees want and value. We support our employees’ educational pursuits with a monthly budget for personal development. We offer transit pass reimbursement and on-site head and neck massages. Our dress code is relaxed. Our tables are always lined with fruits and snacks, we have team lunch every Thursday, and do regular fun activities outside the office. We are determined to help you be happy and thrive.
If this sounds like the type of company you’d succeed in, we’d love to hear from you!