Non-food Procurement Specialist // Marley Spoon
Non-Food Procurement Specialist (GNFR)
Marley Spoon is a well-funded Berlin-based start-up that is re-inventing the food supply chain, providing mass customized food experiences. We are an English speaking and international team made up from seasoned entrepreneurs and professionals.
Marley Spoon is bringing delightful, market fresh and easy cooking back to the people. Our chefs create inspiring and mouth-watering recipes every week. You select what you would like to cook and we deliver the recipes and all the ingredients you need. We use technology to re-invent the food supply chain while reducing unethical food waste and directly connecting consumers with quality producers. To achieve this, we are solving challenging problems in taste profiling, behaviour prediction and real-time logistics.
But in the end, it’s simple: we started Marley Spoon because we love cooking and we love eating.
The role & responsibilities
The Non-Food Procurement Specialist Goods Not For Resale (GNFR) is reporting to the Non-Food Buyer Global (GNFR) based in Berlin. The job responsibilities include the coordination of Procurement activities for Non-Food related products and services across EU.
Support EU GNFR procurement
- Prepare the Non-Food Cost Analysis for EU on a quarterly basis
- Create Product Profile/Business Requirement Definition (for services) prior to setting up RFIs and RFPs
- Maintain a strict Stock Management process for the Fulfilment Centers and work with Inventory Managers
- Prepare financial/supplier performance reviews
- Work together with Marketing & Procurement Analysts to forecast the demand
- Daily / weekly communication with:
- Marketing team to align on product specifications, pricing, sample testing progress/outcomes, and story-telling (e.g. sustainability)
- Production and Operations teams to ensure seamless end-to-end process (delivery windows, etc.)
- Common sourcing team to support and share knowledge
- Inventory Manager with regards to stock rotation, stock levels, and planning
- Manage Supplier Relationships, ensuring continuous performance improvement and implementing the necessary action plans (e.g. delivery time & quality improvements)
- Manage administrative tasks including SLA’s, Listing Cards, Purchase Orders (PO) and Invoicing in close cooperation with the Finance team
Support EU Packaging procurement (end-to-end process)
- Identify suppliers matching our Packaging product specifications and evaluate their solutions with the support of the Marketing team for sample testing
- Support Packaging purchasing according to the box set-ups and forecasts per country
- Maintain EU Packaging database / ERP / Packaging Inventory files up-to-date on a weekly basis
- Maintain the EU box set-up files up-to-date monthly
This is you
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar or related position
- Bachelor Degree in Economics or Business Administration
- Data driven and good computer skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player and good communication skills
- Customer-oriented, proactive and hands-on spirit
- Being a native German speaker and fluent in English are a must