Operations & Supply Chain Analyst – German & English (f/m) // Wayfair
We are looking to hire a talented, driven and entrepreneurial Analyst to join our European Logistics team. As experts in Logistics, we are responsible for building and improving the relationship with our Carriers and to support Wayfair’s business development in Europe. We drive continuous improvement and harmonisation of logistic operations, processes and systems. This role requires analytical skills, logistic knowledge and presentation skills, and would be suited to candidates who tenaciously enjoy digging for cost optimisation by increasing flexibility and reliability for our organisation in a frequently changing environment.
With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious logistics transformation for the European marketplace underway, this is a great learning opportunity, as well as your chance to make a significant contribution to our business.
- Provide data driven insights for improvement opportunities and decision-making
In this role, you’d work on large scale data sets in various categories of logistics, e.g. costs controlling, network planning, shipment tracking, exception handling, to support improvement and excellent customer experience. You will create analysis, simulations and reports for carrier manager utilising information from our databases and other sources. You will work closely with experts and managers from multiple teams to do this.
- Support design and optimisation of internal and external processes
You will actively contribute to the analysis, definition and implementation of processes. Doing this, you will get to know the different departments of our company, their internal processes and our interfaces towards our carrier.
- Operate the daily business
You will share regular reports and participate in meetings to provide and receive information for your analysis, constantly driving improvements and enabling the management to make the best decisions.
Your skills are the following:
- University degree preferred in Logistics or Analytical Discipline
- Sufficient work experience, ideally within the logistics sector
- Fluent in English and German both written & spoken is a requirement
- Experience with MS-Excel to Advanced Level – essential
- Analysis skills, SQL, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio – desirable
- Experience in ecommerce operations
- Ability to analyse large sets of data, making recommendations to leaders
- Ability to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious
- Self-motivated and proactive with high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities at a time
And finally, our proposition to you (Berlin):
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture inspired by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.
Apply now! We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: