Podcast Producer (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take ownership of their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app has been nominated by Apple as one of the best in the App Store. We have received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
Our podcast, Simplify, was downloaded over 700k times over its first two seasons. We need you to help us continue that success and make more incredible podcasts in 2018!
What you will do:
- Drive show production from inception through post mortem
- Pitch and plan podcast episodes and seasons
- Pitch episode and show ideas for future endeavors
- Help arrange and carry out interviews
- Help edit podcasts
- Support wider podcast efforts including outreach, promo, research, and uploading
- Align podcasts with the wider goals and content of the company
- Collaborate with CRM managers, designers, developers, and the brand marketing team
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- 2+ years making excellent audio content (podcasts, radio, etc.)
- Great editing eyes and ears—you know a great sentence or story when you see it, and know how to shape it
- A love of podcasts
- Willingness to work on either side of the mic
- Basic recording and editing competency with DAWs
- Comfortable with meeting publishing deadlines
- Experience working with branded content (welcome, but not a necessity)
- A love of reading and a passion for books, affinity for nonfiction, some knowledge of the nonfiction landscape
- An experimental mindset
- An up-to-date understanding of trends in audio
- A no-nonsense ruthlessness when it comes to creating great content: you’ll kill a darling if it means a better final product
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Podcast Producer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!