Risk Control and Policy Manager // solarisBank
Your Role & Responsibilities
CREDIT RISK POLICIES
- Develop a fitting policy design to make policies as transparent as possible.
- Implement a suitable document / policy management system.
- Keep all credit risk policies up to date with continuously changing requirements, and make sure policies are consistent.
- Create credit risk policies and manuals for new products.
- Help our underwriters and other functions to be in compliance with applicable regulations by offering workable tool (manuals, checklists, e-solutions…).
- Support the development of digital compliance tools (automatic checks…).
- Be the point of contact for our auditors, respond to their inquiries and manage relationships.
- Be the colleague-to-go-to for any query relating to credit risk policies.
- Cooperation strongly with internal auditors, underwriters and other functions.
- Review and approve credit risk policies of our partners, i.e. in case of outsourcing.
- Support the team and participate actively on side projects (e.g. automation, dunning, development of organisational tools).
- You build a framework for random sampling.
- You spot check loan approvals, collection procedures and other relevant activities on all levels (incl. our partners) to ensure compliance with applicable credit risk policies.
- You monitor your credit control measures consistently and report results to our COO.
Our Perfect Match
- Work experience in regulatory or legal obtained in a finance environment.
- Previous exposure to lending products.
- Professional drafting skills.
- Working proficiency in English and good understanding of German.
- Ability to break down abstract concepts (legal requirements) in workable solutions.
- You master complexity and break it down into workable pieces.
- You have ownership, be able to deep-dive and be persistent.
- Ability and strong interest to work in a fast-paced, international environment.
- Demonstrate initiative, capability to work autonomously under given objectives and organise own work effectively.