Selection and Publishing Manager (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app has been nominated by Apple as one of the best in the App Store. We have received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
At the core of Blinkist’s offering lies the content in our selection. By finding the most impactful, noteworthy and talked-about titles, we help our users to learn more, become inspired and discover great new nonfiction. As the Selection & Publishing Manager, you’ll join our Content Team to focus on identifying the titles that will most benefit our users. You’ll follow the publishing industry closely, shape our selection strategy and track the impact your selection choices are having. You’ll also be in charge of scheduling and overseeing the publishing of our content to ensure that users have a constant stream of relevant, interesting titles to learn from.
What you will do:
- Research and follow different publishing markets to identify and predict trends and interesting titles for our audience.
- Conduct user research to understand their needs and wishes for our selection.
- Analyze our selection footprint, identify gaps and run experiments to find improvement opportunities.
- Research, define and follow success metrics for selection.
- Learn Selection best practices from other players in the content and publishing industry.
- Schedule and publish the content that we produce.
- Manage and build relationships with our publishing partners.
- Help shape our overall content strategy.
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- You can write, read and speak English at a fluent level and are comfortable with German as a working language.
- You have a passion for great nonfiction books, the publishing world and social media trends.
- You’re comfortable conducting research and interviewing customers.
- You’re comfortable working with, interpreting and acting on data
- You’re meticulous, detail-oriented and double-check your work.
- Previous experience in a role dealing with nonfiction books, the publishing industry or selecting great content from a large pool is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of , but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!