Senior Affiliate Manager, Events // Blacklane
January 26, 2018
- Manage, negotiate and improve the supply cost, quality and availability of a network of preferred supply partners for the Events business.
- Negotiate and actively supply / volume management with preferred partners in line with agreed strategy.
- Develop strategies to make Blacklane the partner of choice for our preferred supply partners in the events business districts, including understanding their needs and identifying ways to reduce their operational costs.
- Establish a community of trusted partners globally and develop communication methods to have a dialogue with them.
- Develop and maintain a pricing database from our preferred partners to enable greater efficiency in our customer quoting process for the Events team.
- Adapt Blacklane’s global standards and processes to the Events business.
- Develop and document a detailed knowledge of supply characteristics and challenges in each events business district.
- Develop detailed understanding of vehicle types, features, and characteristics available from preferred partners in each event business district including vehicle types not typically supported by our traditional business.
- Be familiar with all legal requirements in the event business district to support the Events team with decisions on how to operationally deliver a successful event for our customers.
- Manage and improve the service quality and operational performance of partners within events business districts, partnering with other Affiliate Managers as needed to drive those improvements.
- Derive and act on insight from metrics.
- Implement new approaches to supply management for partners in event business districts.
- Proactively manage the acquisition, selection and training of potential partners in existing and new markets.
- Develop relationships with our preferred partners, including ending those with unsuitable partners.
- Together with other Affiliate Managers, lead roadshows and provide guidance to other team members on roadshow messages and approach.
- Act as a liaison between the Affiliate Management department and Events team, ensuring that there is excellent communication about ongoing operations, challenges, help needed, and successes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate information and effectively champion customer needs. You need to be able to network and build trusting relationships quickly with partners globally.
- Good negotiator able to quickly get to scenarios which are a win-win for Blacklane and our partners.
- Detail-oriented, team player with a collaborative and proactive working style.
- Professional and friendly approach, confident in developing relationships over the phone, experienced in cold-calling.
- Ability to absorb information quickly and to share this knowledge with others.
- Confident and able to comfortably make decisions within the scope agreed with line manager or Head of Events.
- Self-starter and passionate about their work, especially the travel and ground transportation industry.
- Good sense of humor and an outgoing personality.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages are a plus.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with excellent written / verbal communications to ensure what you find can be understood and acted on by others.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Tableau / BI tools, Salesforce
- Ability and willingness to learn line of business applications and influence the future development of those tools
- Ability and willingness to motivate and mentor team mates
- Support line manager by participating in recruitment process
- Flexibility and internal drive to get the job done including adjusting working hours to support the needs of the Events business.
- Prior experience in limousine or events industries is a big plus.
- Role model Blacklane Values
More than a job:
- You will work in the exciting and innovative market of global ground transportation.
- You will become part of a unique international and professional team, that is characterized by flat hierarchies, a family-like atmosphere, flexible working hours and an open feedback culture.
- You will have the tremendous opportunity to grow with us and develop your skills, supported by our talent training team.
- You will work in a modern office with a variety of fresh fruits and drinks, regular company and team events and a lot of fun games.
- We will support you in relocation and other administrative issues.
Visit the company websiteBlacklane