Senior Curriculum Designer (f/m) // CareerFoundry
CareerFoundry is building the number one online destination for career changers, and we’re looking for an organized, analytical, and resourceful Senior Curriculum Designer to join our Curriculum Team. You’ll be working alongside the curriculum designers and editors to produce and maintain high-quality course content for our diverse set of online learners and career changers.
In addition to being an education nerd who loves discussing adult learning theory and contemporary issues in online education, you should be able to interpret technical content and explain it to career changers who come from all walks of life. Experience with education and teaching is a MUST, and knowledge of technical and design content is strongly DESIRED.
This is a full-time position based in our Berlin, Germany office.
Mission as a Senior Curriculum Designer:
Actively participate in all aspects of course production to research, design, and develop engaging, well-balanced courses for career changers and upskillers in the tech industry.
Provide ongoing mentorship and professional development opportunities for mid- and junior-level employees.
Responsibilities / Outcomes for 2018:
- Curriculum Design and Course Development
- Assess learning needs of career changers to inform course topics and direction
- Use project-based instructional design practices to develop engaging content with measurable outcomes including exercise ratings, student retention, and on-track rates
- Collaborate with the curriculum designer and editors to benchmark and develop upcoming courses and programs
- Work closely with subject matter experts to develop course content and perform regular course updates
- Create scripts and storyboards for curriculum-related media production
- QA Process
- Review and process feedback from students, tutors, and mentors and work with SMEs to make well-informed and incremental improvements to the courses
- Catalog and categorize feedback to determine potential areas for product feature innovation
- Manage and implement launch plans for new content and product features
- Project Coordination
- Recruit, onboard, train, and offboard subject matter experts for course development projects
- Create and regularly update onboarding documents and other training materials for subject matter experts
- Conduct weekly check-ins with subject matter experts to ensure timely completion of project milestones and overall quality of content
- Plan and implement large-scale, cross-team projects that significantly improve the product as a whole
- Research and Best Practices
- Contribute to regular assessments of the Curriculum Team’s course development, content production, and SME onboarding processes
- Use feedback and user data to make decisions about process, feature, or content changes
- Research and implement best practices in e-learning, instructional design, and curriculum development to improve team efficiency and course quality
- Team Mentorship and Resource Management
- Mentor team members to encourage professional development in the organization as well as the edtech industry
- Assist junior- and mid-level team members with managing subject matter experts
- Manage curriculum team financial obligations such as subscriptions to tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4-5 years of experience in developing and curating educational content (e.g. writing lesson plans, reviewing and approving course syllabi, and developing online courses) — preferably at an educational institution
- Experience managing a mid-size team
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow through
- Experience training and managing subject matter experts in the tech and design field
- Excellent writing and editing skills in American English as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of CareerFoundry
- Master’s degree in education, instructional design, or a related field
- Firsthand experience with teaching or working with instructional materials
- Experience with learning management systems
- Familiarity with the Agile process and process improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of technical and design content
How to Apply
Email your CV or resume and a cover letter in English with “Senior Curriculum Designer” as the subject line to email@example.com
NOTE: Please be prepared to submit copies of your diplomas and relevant certifications if we advance your application to phone and in-person interviews.