Senior Manager – Strategic Carrier Management Europe – Small Parcels (m/f) in Berlin, Germany // Wayfair
Wayfair is embarking on a strategic initiative to optimize and reinvent its logistics network through more intelligent network routing, leverage of own infrastructure and staff, carrier selection and freight consolidation. This leader will be part of the European Senior Management Team. Located in Berlin, this role will likely require activity and travel across many European economies, so fluency in English is a must. German and/or other major European commercial languages (French, Spanish) will be important to developing relationships required for the success of this business.
We are looking for the right individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and deep background in transportation to help drive this strategic initiative for the company. The candidate must be highly flexible with the ability to quickly assume new areas of responsibility outside of their core areas as the Wayfair business continues to evolve. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company in which you will have the opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
As a Logistics leader you…
- Architect and manage an efficient logistics network design for final mile delivery carriers
- Negotiate, implement and develop new logistics service providers across Europe
- Build and develop team to manage, monitor and expand network footprint and operations
- Lead strategic projects to increase carrier performance and to roll-out services for customers
- Drive internationalization by developing Supply Chain solution in new consumer markets
- Provide direct input into the development, implementation and reporting of partner provider KPI/metrics to monitor all aspects of the transportation process
Who Wayfair is looking for:
- Proven track record of 5+ year of operational leadership and supply chain/transportation expertise, either in industry or top tier consulting company
- Track record of leading and delivering large and complex projects from inception to completion
- Experience in negotiating transportation contracts with freight carriers and 3PL providers
- Top-tier university qualifications, MBA preferred
- Fluency in English and ideally at least one other major European language (German, French, Spanish, Italian)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work well in a fast paced, data driven company
- Willingness to travel to visit carriers in our European sourcing and delivery markets
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offerfree Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not onlyin the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes throughour learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellowcolleagues through regular social events
- We’rein the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: