Sr. Production Manager // 8fit
8fit understands the obstacles people face on their fitness journey. It often isn’t easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all way to find lifelong health. That’s why we’ve set out to build the best way for people to achieve their personal fitness goals. 8fit makes healthy living fun and simple by providing tailored workouts, meal plans and guidance in one easy-to-use app.
The 8fit content team is tasked with producing a high volume of high-quality fitness, food and lifestyle photos and video shot in-studio and off-site locations using both in-house and hired talent. As the product evolves and audience grows, streamlining the processes of planning, creating, polishing and managing photography and video content is increasingly critical to our success.
Your core responsibilities will include, initially, setting up our new studio with the essential equipment and sourcing technical and creative talent for an ongoing roster. You’ll need an expert grasp of the technical aspects of production, post-production and asset management for success. Once the studio setup is complete, the work will shift to the ongoing management of the content team’s workflow and team.
- Balance throughput, resources, and schedules to achieve optimal performance, identify and actively manage resources across the creative workflows to minimize bottlenecks.
- Oversee requests and resulting workflows from partners in Marketing, Product and Content teams.
- Ensure all briefs are complete and requested timelines are realistic – hold project kick-offs with cross-functional team members.
- Train and mentor your team, creating opportunities for growth and development and feedback cycles for continued improved performance.
- Effectively prioritize and monitor ongoing projects and scope out project plans (workload, resources, expected throughput, timelines, budget, etc.)
- Oversee the technical and equipment requirements of the production group, specifically for our in-house studio. Establish, maintain and track studio production and project schedules.
- Coordinate and communicate photo shoot timelines with other internal stakeholders
- Provide on-set art direction on styling, composition, lighting, propping, etc.
- 4+ years experience overseeing photo production.
- 4+ years experience managing financial and contractual logistics for creative production.
- Previous experience managing a team: defining success metrics and goals and monitoring and optimizing the performance of the team.
- A combination of both hands-on production know-how and strategic conceptual ability.
- Experience with concept creation, style frame creation, and storyboarding.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and solving problems as they arise.
- Familiar with the content production pipeline and the most common CMS tools, and knowledgable about digital asset management.
- Good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, etc.)
- Excellent communication and operational skills.
- Able to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced environment.
What it’s like to work at 8fit
We endorse healthy life choices to millions of people and we stick to them ourselves, so “work/life balance” is core to how we do things. But don’t just take our word for it – you’re welcome to drop by and meet the team! We’ve got a lovely office in Friedrichshain, right on the river Spree. It’s quiet, bright, well-stocked with healthy snacks, and every Friday, we get together for a healthy lunch.
Other perks of being an 8fitter:
- Flexible office hours, to ensure you have plenty of time to enjoy life (and fit in a workout)
- Stock options, so you can share in 8fit’s success
- A health & wellness benefit, naturally
- Yearly company offsite to escape harsh Berlin winters
- Remote work policy that allows for extra flexibility, year-round
- Professional development grants to help you learn and grow
- Relocation benefits and visa assistance for non-EU citizens
Read more here: http://8fit.com/about/
Include in your application:
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear your short intro in the summary section.