Supplier Engagement Specialist – EU Suppliers (m/f) // Wayfair
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills required
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Willingness to travel
We are looking to hire a talented, driven and entrepreneurial Supplier Engagement Specialist to join our Operations Team.
As a key member of the EU Product Performance team, your primary responsibility will be to engage with suppliers at the senior executive level to review and improve their packaging and fulfillment processes, with the aim of minimizing incidences in the Wayfair Supply Chain and improving the end customer experience.
This role requires strong negotiation skills, and would suit candidates who enjoy a mixture of desk and field based work. This is a high impact role which involves encouraging suppliers to make fundamental improvements to their operations, not only to make them capable of effective online fulfillment, but also to provide a sustainable growth platform for the Wayfair business.
With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious logistics transformation underway, this is a great opportunity to make a significant difference to our business.
- Own a portfolio of high profile, high impact Wayfair suppliers for the Product Performance Team
- Negotiate packaging and operational improvements with our suppliers and carriers to increase profitability and customer satisfaction
- Direct and support suppliers through packaging redesign/improvement process
- Analyze data to identify trends and root causes of problems at supplier, class and country level
- Direct access to product through supplier warehouse and carrier hub visits, consulting with them to improve damage rates, missing parts, lost in transits and other problems.
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make our team and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Account Operations, Buyers and Logistics
- Build and maintain industry expertise in the areas of logistics, packaging, supply chain efficiency/quality – particularly as it pertains to home retail.
- Bachelor degree with sufficient commercial experience
- Strong verbal and wrtten communication skills in English, another European language would be a bonys
- Experience in supplier or account management
- Experience in business negotiation
- Strong communicator
- Understanding the complexity of online order fulfillment.
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs
- Knowledge of packaging and quality control standards/solutions advantageous
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of direct dispatch / drop ship and transshipment preferred
- Knowledge of SQL preferred
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: