Supplier Quality Assurance Specialist – DE (m/f) // Wayfair
As a leading EU online retailer of home furniture and accessories, and with over 3000 suppliers in Europe alone, Wayfair are revolutionizing the fulfillment of products for your home, to your home. Our Product Performance Team, based across 3 countries and expanding, is responsible for ensuring our growing catalogue of 1.5 million items can be delivered right first time, every time. With our products shipping both domestically and cross-border from a large number of European countries and involving multiple carriers and touch points, our work is critical to ensure an optimal customer experience.
We are currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Assurance Specialist, whose key role is build out the Furniture and Supplier Quality initiatives through effective root cause analysis of current Category and SKU performance, and implementation of corrective actions with our suppliers.
- Complete quality related incidence deep dive in to all major Wayfair product categories, identifying and engaging with key suppliers to ensure that all products meet Wayfair and end customer quality expectations
- Support development of quality standard requirements for Wayfair categories, against which our supplier’s products will be audited to ensure their compliance.
- Enhance Wayfair’s reporting of quality related incidences, through improvement of tools and processes in use by Customer Service and Operations teams.
- Negotiate with and support suppliers through a collaborative effort to agree and monitor successful implementation of quality improvement plans.
- Leverage product, packaging, and transportation inspections to identify and reduce quality shortcomings, drive procedural compliance, and create a basis for recommending best practices
- Execute time, cost and labor studies for our value added services offering
- Establish relationships with key quality assurance companies to enhance Wayfair’s quality related capabilities domestically and overseas (product/factory audits etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Quality Control, Package Engineering, Supplier Management, Operations Consulting or related field
- A solid understanding of Supply Chain
- Strong problem solving skills – the ability to analyse, breakdown and recommend solutions
- Ability to analyse defects and work with suppliers to target the root cause
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Fluent in English any other language would be beneficial
- Ability to influence key stakeholders on tactical and strategic objectives
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and comfort with pivoting quickly and as often as required
- Team player who is comfortable taking the lead as a subject matter expert
- Understanding of key financial, customer service, and supply chain metrics
- Strong analytics fundamentals, proficiency in analyzing large and complex datasets to solve problems
- Advanced Excel User – leveraging data to paint relevant and influential business cases
- Organized and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Self-Motivated, eager to learn and make an impact
- Comfort in both a warehouse environment and behind a computer
In return a good salary is on offer along with the opportunity to join an established organisation in an accelerated growth phase.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: