Team Cook (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
Blinkist is a fast-growing company: we grew from 45 to 80 last year and plan to hire an additional 60+ people this year. As we scale, we are always striving to provide an amazing experience for our employees. On the 1st of July, we will open a new office space as well as a new kitchen and serve daily free lunch to the team. This is where you come in. You will join our People & Organization team and make sure our team gets healthy, yummy meals every day. You will work from Monday to Friday from 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
What you will do:
- Create weekly menus and prepare lunch daily
- Order ingredients and maintain inventory based on menus
- Ensure the kitchen remains clean, safe, and in working order
- Provide any necessary catering for Blinkist events (welcome breakfasts, farewell parties, etc.)
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- A passion for food
- Experience with organizing a professional kitchen and ordering food and supplies
- Experience with cooking for large groups of around 100 people
- A creative mindset to prepare varied, delicious menus for our international team every day
- The flexibility to be able to accommodate dietary restrictions as needed (vegan, gluten-free, etc.)
- Good communication skills in English and German
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Team Cook, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!