Video editor (full time) // redfish
Vacancy: Video editor (full time), Berlin
redfish is a new kind of media company with a focus on creating critical investigative and collaborative short-documentaries that inspire social and economic change. We’re looking for a highly-creative video editor with a passion for visual story-telling to join our team.
- Be passionate about news, documentary and visual story-telling.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Produce engaging multi-media content for all redfish platforms under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Multi-task and manage priorities effectively to meet project deadlines.
- Help to research, pitch and develop new visual stories and formats.
- Stay on top of new editing/post-production techniques and technologies.
- Be an exceptional team player who can collaborate with editors, producers and reporters throughout the production process and to break down the elements of a story with them and then recreate them in a visually engaging way.
- Maintain archives.
- Ensure proper storage of media files.
- Be super creative in visual story-telling and think outside the box to solve problems.
- Motivated to learn, self-improve and grow with the team while also being able to work independently of any guidance.
- Minimum 3 years experience of video editing (documentaries /reports) including colouring as well as sound editing
- Expert in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Experience shooting a plus
- Experience in motion graphics and animation a plus
- Experience in sound design a plus
- Permission to work in Germany
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Living in Berlin
- Fluent English speaker, German is a plus
If you are looking for a fast-paced job as part of a small but innovative team that’s passionate about telling stories ignored by the mainstream then redfish is the place for you. Please send your CVs and cover letters to email@example.com