Working Student – Audio & Video Editor (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 6 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
In just over one year the Blinkist video team has grown its output and successes at a mind-boggling rate and now we need a new person to join the team to help us scale video more. The video team at Blinkist produces ad creatives for user acquisition, organic content for engagement on social media, as well as internal and team-focused video. As we add new acquisition channels (we’re going to be on TV!), you’ll help us free up time by taking the lead on video, audio, and photo production for internal communications.
What you will do:
- Film and edit weekly learning sessions – knowledge sharing presentations given by employees for employees
- Assist on set of video productions
- Photograph new employees
- Photograph and film at team events
- Support with internal video and photo projects
- Support with production and editing of video assets for social media channels
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- You must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- You have a certificate of enrolment at a University in Berlin for at least the next two semesters
- You will be available as a working student for ~20 hours per week ideally on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
- You are currently pursuing a degree, ideally in film, animation or media studies
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Suite, especially Premiere Pro, Lightroom and After Effects
- Basic photography skills
- Basic film/sound skills
- [Bonus] You’re familiar with working on film sets
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!