Backend Product Manager (m/f) // Visual Meta GmbH
As “Backend Product Manager (m/f)” you will own your projects from day one and manage all phases of product development using Scrum. Your mission at Visual Meta? You will take an important role in shaping our internal tools and backend solutions, mainly within the marketing area, giving us the chance to improve our services and optimize our workflows.
We are Visual Meta, a successful and steadily growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a great office in central Berlin, we run 19 online shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. We offer the professionalism of a big player and the company culture of a startup. Our vision? To become THE global service for comparison shopping.
How are we trying to achieve that? During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team. We deal with modern web technologies, large databases, millions of images, data mining and analysis, search technologies and machine learning. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. We believe in lean and agile software engineering. Our technology stack is plain Java, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Spring, Eclipse, Elasticsearch and Tomcat.
- You take product ownership of internal tools and backend applications to foster and automate our user acquisition efforts
- You are responsible for the prioritization of your backlog and the execution of your product roadmap
- You work closely with a dedicated team of developers and scrum master to build and deliver great solutions
- You handle bug reports and tickets, working with JIRA
- You communicate regularly with different departments and stakeholders to understand their needs
- You analyze and report relevant KPIs
- You bring 1-2 years of working experience as a product manager/product owner with the focus on backend systems
- You have proven experience in working with Scrum and a solid technical understanding
- You have an affinity for online marketing and would like to dig deeper into that area
- You are able to drive, coordinate and lead projects and are used to work with different levels of stakeholders
- You come with an extremely analytical and data-driven mindset as well as a structured and organized working manner
- You are a great communicator and have a team oriented personality
- We design code that matters- Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. hackathons)
- We love diversity- Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover letter, salary expectations and your availability by using the following link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=omej4fwH&s=Berlinstartupjobs. As your responsible recruiter, Anja Kasiborski will be your point of contact.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →