CONTENT OPERATIONS MANAGER // PLUTO TV
Pluto TV is a free online television service led by a seasoned team of entrepreneurs, TV and technology executives, and top-of-class team members with offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Berlin. We entertain millions of users in the US on platforms such as Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, Web, iOS, Android, and more. We are young, international, dynamic, innovative and ambitious to shape the future of television. Our user-centric offering of professionally-selected video content, live or on-demand, offers users a completely new linear online TV experience and a free alternative or supplement to classic television.
To achieve our international expansion goals, we are scouting highly talented, enthusiastic, creative people to support our European team in the heart of Berlin to revolutionize the European TV industry.
We’re Pluto TV – the future of television.
ARE YOU READY…?
The Content Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing Pluto TV Europe’s overall content operations including content partner relations and management of the company’s content management system. The Content Operations Manager is responsible for content delivery, securing correct meta data and artwork, as well as content ingestion into the CMS. The role requires knowledge of multi-platform content operations, extensive experience with CMS, and content delivery specs. Experience with video streaming technologies, digital content management systems, and data applications will be essential to success.
- Partner Management
- Work closely with the licensing department for onboarding & finalizing content delivery with new and existing content partners
- Securing that content requirements are correct
- Ensuring delivered content conforms to internal specs
- Content Operations
- Make sure content ingestion is in sync with US team and constantly keep track of new content with correct data and secure process of new content
- Adapting delivered assets to internal specs, if necessary
- Oversee content ingestion and work with third party vendors to coordinate and prioritize content ingestion adhering to correct meta data, ad-breaks and artwork specs
- Content Management System:
- Be the resident expert of the internal CMS for the European team
- Work with engineers for bug reports and new feature releases
- Responsible for all aspects related to new content in CMS including setting up and executing new partners, channels and episodes
- Supervise content management team
- Ensure that content conforms to local and/or EU rules
Qualities We’re Seeking:
- 3+ years of experience in multi-platform content operations
- 3+ years of experience in online content management
- Strong experience with Content Management Systems is required
- Deep understanding of meta data, graphics, online videos, transcoding, encoding and streaming technologies
- Proficient knowledge of various content delivery methods such as Aspera, FTP, XML
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge in JSON, XML and RSS
- First-hand experience with online video or music streaming platforms a plus
- Knowledge in text editors such as Atom, or Brackets a plus
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to connect with partners
- Strong management skills, including the ability to run a team and cultivate talent
- Excellent writing and verbal skills in English and German
At Pluto TV, you will be part of an innovative, collaborative and passionate team dedicated to making Pluto TV a household name. Every member of our team is provided the opportunity to profoundly impact both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. We love what we do and we are committed to entertaining the planet.
Join us and help make our vision a reality. Just send us your cover letter and CV with your earliest possible start date to: email@example.com