Head of Product (m/f) // Medigo
Founded in 2014, MEDIGO is a fast-growing HealthTech and InsurTech startup, supported by renowned investors such as Accel Partners (Facebook, Dropbox).
MEDIGO helps consumers and organizations find and arrange high-quality medical care worldwide. For consumers, medigo.com is an easy-to-use online platform that makes it simple to find and schedule affordable quality healthcare in more than 1,000 trusted hospitals and clinics. For partners, MEDIGO offers a unique critical illness insurance (CII) product and third-party administration (TPA) services. Over the past four years, we helped over 150,000 patients organize their international medical treatments with the leading medical centres in the US, Europe and Asia.
Headquartered in Berlin, we are now a team of over 50 people, passionate about patient empowerment, and price transparency in healthcare. We are organized into agile cross-functional teams with clear goals and autonomy. The key values that enable this structure to work and ensure happy and motivated team are transparency, open communication, data drive, teamwork, employee empowerment, and diversity. At the heart of our company is our core value of “doing the right thing” – our patients frequently put their lives into our hands and we carry a tremendous respect and sense of duty to always do our best to help.
For our Product Team, we are looking for a all-rounder tech-loving person who is motivated to improve access to healthcare to join us as Head of Product (m/f).
This position is a hands-on role at MEDIGO: in addition to the strategic leadership and representation on the management team, we expect you get down to details and support your team by leading product releases yourself when necessary. Together with your team you will be responsible for designing the best in class service for our patients as well as tech solutions to enhance our operations-heavy business. You will be working side by side with the CTO, data scientists, designer and other professionals to accomplish that.
The position is full-time, English-speaking (no German language required!), located in Berlin, and to be filled to the earliest possible date.
- Generate deep understanding of our business strategy, operations, market trends and user needs and translate it into a cross-vertical Product roadmap
- Build product solutions for cross-border healthcare that would maximise our B2B and B2C customer satisfaction and continue to position MEDIGO as a market leader in both B2C and B2B markets. Identify innovation opportunities that lead to the growth of the product while maintaining fundamental business goals and priorities
- Represent Product on the management team, articulate the Product vision and strategy, aligning stakeholders around priorities
- Support your team in gathering requirements from different business areas, business process modelling, input into information and database architecture, design, conceptualization and specification of new features and interfaces.
- When necessary, take full responsibility of new features or product optimization – working with the Product Designer, Business Intelligence, Content, Engineering teams and other stakeholders across company to ensure smooth feature delivery.
- Staff the vertical Project teams with required Product resources and expand the team if/when necessary. Also provide input into staffing decisions for IT and other related departments.
- Define and manage Product development process. Promote agile development practices across company.
- 6+ years of experience in Product Management with at least 2 years in a leadership role in a startup. Experience in an insurtech startup is a big plus.
- A track record in successfully managing, mentoring and leading Product Managers and agile teams
- Experience of developing an innovative digital product, driving its vision and building a brand based on user and data insights
- Hands-on experience with business process and operations modeling, a good understanding of database setup and API development, having a general understanding of the power and use cases of data for successful products
- Strong grasp of user experience and visual and interaction design
- Willingness to do hands-on product work, in addition to team leadership
- Pragmatic mentality and ability to understand and influence business issues and withstand commercial pressures of the organization
- Fluent or native in English (German language is not required) with excellent communication skills and experience in working in an international team.
- Willingness to relocate to Berlin (if needed).
- Contribute to the development of an exciting platform that is a leader in its field
- Be part of the team of excellent developers, designers, data scientists and other professionals that directly impacts the company’s business strategy and success
- Develop your skills within an ambitious, professional, and supportive company where independent-thinking, transparent feedback and open communication are encouraged
- Be part of an innovative, agile, truly international (20+ nationalities!) company and have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives