Head of Product – Search Experience (m/f) // HomeToGo
HomeToGo is the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, helping millions of users around the world book their dream vacation in over 200 countries. Behind our product, is a talented team of 150+ dedicated to helping people find the perfect vacation rental, whether a cozy cabin in Colorado or a dog-friendly beach house in Ibiza. Driven by our innovative and open culture, our international team brings together our passion for travel and technology to change the way people book vacations.
Ranked by Gründerszene magazine as Germany’s fastest growing start-up, we’re now searching for the best and brightest talents to join us on our journey.
We are currently searching for a Head of Product – Search Experience (m/f) to take responsibility for the strategic and operational success of our user-facing search experience. You will have a major impact in shaping the core of how our users interact with our search-based product. You will strategise and build features that guide customers through the user journey and better serve them throughout their on-site experience. Whether across mobile and web, you will create user-centric travel products to help people book their dream vacation rental. Search Experience is at the core of our product, and as such you will take a highly successful product and scale it for the global stage.
In this role, you will
- Lead our search experience product and a team of Product Managers.
- Identify and prioritize business and product opportunities for search experience and align all stakeholders around priorities.
- Take responsibility for developing our core search product features, including result lists, maps, calendars, auto-completers, and filters.
- Innovate new features such as time range searches, alternative results, and product discovery.
- Identify customer pain points and find solutions that deliver amazing user experience.
- Set short, medium and long-term product goals and objectives.
- Translate product objectives into roadmaps and epics, and manage the product backlog.
- Validate ideas, conduct product A/B testing, create MVP’s and other product prototypes, in close cooperation with software development teams.
- Collaborate and align with internal stakeholders around business requirements, including C-Suite, Engineering, and Design teams.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of hands-on product experience, with a proven ability to identify B2C user pain points and drive innovative solutions.
- A UX-driven approach to building products.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, including hands-on and data-driven idea validation and testing.
- Technical proficiency, you understand software development processes and can build productive working relationships with developers.
- Demonstrated communication skills and stakeholder-management competencies to align both internal and external stakeholders.
- Leadership experience, including an ability to lead, mentor, and motivate product management teams.
What we offer
- Attractive salaries.
- Regular feedback and development via 1:1 meetings, 360 feedback, and performance reviews.
- A diverse team of more than 26 different nationalities.
- In-house English and German courses.
- A growing library and employee-led workshops.
- A choice of Windows or Mac, adjustable standing desks, free fruit, weekly yoga classes, and company breakfasts.
- Frequent company and team events, Beer Fridays, lunch roulettes, and regular charity initiatives.
If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, please apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit, and we’ll be in touch shortly.