MECHANICAL ENGINEER (M/F) // iamsmart
iamsmart is a Berlin based startup in the smart home Internet of Things sector. We’re a team of inspired professionals from all fields who believe that smart technologies can transform the way we live today. With this team of ambitious minds, we are developing innovative products to make future homes more comfortable, safe and self-sustaining – today. We are lifting the smart home out of the gadget space and pursue it’s real purpose, to improve our lives. What we really are? We are inspired to make the Smart Home have a heart.
We are hiring and are looking for a
The core mission of the Mechanical Engineer is to design and manufacture the next generation of our hardware products – which our customers will fall in love with. Our ambition is to create existing, stylish and highly sustainable hardware products, which seamlessly fit into your favorite place – your home.
- You know latest trends in hardware manufacturing and follow relevant research in order to select the most suitable materials and components for our hardware so it is efficient, user- and eco-friendly
- You design and conceptualize new hardware products for several use cases and improve existing hardware products in the areas of heating, security and others to come
- You challenge our existing approach to physical product design based on user research, competitor analysis and innovations in manufacturing materials
- You build prototypes inhouse (yes, we have multiple 3D-printers and a workbench lined up for you), test and improve those with support of the team and test users
- You ensure that your ideas are coming to life by selecting relevant manufacturing companies and ensure high quality mass production of the hardware
- You take ownership and adapt your communication to the various internal stakeholders (such as logistics, packaging/design and marketing) to incorporate their feedback into action
- You have successfully participated in creating a hardware product or were responsible for building a major part of it
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar and ideally around 3+ years of work experience in Mechanical Engineering (internships included)
- You are experienced in prototyping hardware product, both on screen and in real life i.e. by using 3D CAD tools, 2D drawing tools as well as 3D printers
- Entrepreneurial drive and hands-on experience in bringing your prototype into (mass) production ready to be shipped to our customers
- You love to experiment with new technology, materials and components and acquire new skills to find clever solutions (to develop and refine a our hardware products)
- Fluency in English
- Interest for Smart Home solutions, innovation and solving difficult problems
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
- We belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take
- Responsibility for your role from day one
- An agile environment you will love
- Flat hierarchy, awesome culture
- A pretty cool office in Berlin ‘Mitte’ + a free gym membership
- Awesome international start-up atmosphere: Work Hard, Party Harder
You think Smart Home is one of the greatest things in the world and you share our passion for that topic?
We would love to get to know you!! But please don’t write us a book… Generic cover letters are as bad as broken radiator in winter. A compact description of yourself and your achievements will do! :)
>>>Join and shape the future of our homes together with us!< <<