NOC Engineer (m/f) // Wayfair
This role will focus on supporting the tools, systems, and processes relied upon by many of our application teams and business operations. As an engineer on this team you will have a unique opportunity to learn the many systems and processes that keep our website running and have a hand in ensuring that they are operating efficiently.
- Monitoring our production systems and validate alerts using a variety of monitoring tools
- Performing first-tier troubleshooting and playbook following to determine the scope of issues and escalate them as necessary
- Proactively work to refine documentation of our systems, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Working across all of Engineering to handle incident coordination, communication and resolution
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead others by example and motivate a fast-paced team
- Prior experience in a NOC is not a requirement but a big plus
- Understanding of basic networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques using in modern IT technology stacks
- Administrating and troubleshooting experience with Linux/Windows environments
- Experience with any of the following technologies a plus: Git/SVN, Zabbix/Nagios, Graphite, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Powershell, Puppet, PHP, SQL
Other traits we look for
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately
- Energetic, vocal, not afraid to speak up and ask questions
- Easy-going attitude with a good sense of humor
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong sense and application of team work
- Desire and willingness to learn and understand new technologies
- Future growth potential and thought-leadership around technology and toolsets
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →