Product Manager // Ecosia
You will be
- Taking ownership of the Ecosia Search – the core product of our business. You will strategically navigate your team towards building the best possible search experience.
- Lead the ideation and launch of innovative features and products through collaboration in a cross-functional team and with stakeholders across the organization (that includes developers, designers, analysts and marketers) in an agile environment.
- Make sure that your team is happy and healthy – enabling us to continuously execute and ship, evaluate, learn and grow.
- Design and optimize robust software, that can guarantee the highest quality, uptime and scalability for millions of users.
- Look beyond the organisation and even our industry for inspiration and partnerships.
- Joining a truly special workplace where you can make a difference and have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives.
- Becoming a member of a team full of skilled individuals eager to collaborate.
- Having true ownership over your domain. You get advice and support from others but thanks to distributed authority you will make the final call. We have a lot of space to add your ideas and expertise without being rigid about the way things need to be done.
- We offer a fair compensation package to reflect your skills and experience.
- Flexible working hours and location (two no-meeting days per week).
- All the tools you need and perks like a free-book policy.
- We have weekly team breakfasts. Oh, and coffee, cookies and organic fruits in plenty.
Who you are
- You are good at communication, at listening and expressing your thoughts and you can adjust your communication style to the people and the situation around you.
- You have relevant work experience in dynamic environments.
- You’re always looking for opportunities to learn as an individual and as a group and you love to teach yourself new things.
- You can think interdisciplinarily and you have no trouble switching from very high level to small details all the time.
- Ability to KISS (keep it short and simple) and to break down complex problems into actionable steps.
- Your heart is beating for our users and our cause and you can connect with our core values.
- Fluent spoken and written English (German not required)
We recognise that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role. We will consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
Ecosia, or as we like to call it, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees by 2020. So far our 6 million users have planted over 12 million trees with their 30 million weekly searches.
How to apply
If you are interested, please submit your application along with the earliest date you can start at https://ecosia.workable.com/j/37079B3CE9