Product Manager Global Operations (m/f) – Berlin // ZipJet
Who we are, what we are doing
We are an experienced team of around 40 people in Berlin and London, Paris. We have a good dose of experience in all the right places. Our backgrounds are diverse – culturally and professionally. We are having fun doing what we’re doing. People have shown surprise at how much we communicate while we’re working.
We want to take the hassle out of peoples’ lives by freeing up their time for what they enjoy most, starting with – tadaaa – laundry. For that, we have built an extremely flexible system, allowing people to have their laundry picked up at their convenience and returned to them within 24 hours.
Think of us as a remote control for your laundry pile!
We are offering our service via mobile apps (iOS & Android) and via our website. We strive for operational excellence and are building solutions to serve large numbers of customers in a highly reliable and autonomous manner. We aim to make many more people happy.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a sharp, personable, highly-organised Product Manager of Global Operations (m/w), based in Berlin, to support our operations team across our current cities and new ones to come. This is a unique opportunity to lead and shape the processes, in-house built technology tools and best practices of our operations team on the daily functions that are at the core of Zipjet. You are a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in learning by applying a hands-on approach? Great, read on further!
- You have 2-5 years of operations and process development experiences or related experience gained in a top-tier consulting company, logistics sector or other operations-heavy industry
- You have strong knowledge of operational processes definition and implementation. In addition you’re passionate about customer experience and attention to details
- You have a strong affinity for technology development and willing to support our technology team in the specifying and development of the future technology components
- You have the entrepreneurial drive and the ability to achieve goals in a fast paced and changing environment. Regarding that you possess a combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal skills
- You have a very good degree in engineering, computer science, business or industrial management (focus on logistics preferred, but not necessarily required) from a top-tier university.
- Your personality shows strong communication skills and the ability to interact with internal and external partners
- In your past you already have shown great leadership skills while overseeing a team. You are willing to be part of the senior executive team and do have a heart for developing talented people.
- You are proactive, ambitious and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
What you will be doing
In this role you will act as single point-of-contact for the IT development team to bridge the gap between one of Zipjet’s core business functions Operations and the IT team – you will own multiple product launches and will need to collaborate with cross-organizational teams to deliver the Operations product roadmap
- You will efficiently structure, plan, and manage the implementation of the products that you are responsible for, making sure that all stakeholders are up to date
- You will develop and support the implementation of best-in-class operational processes so that our local teams are set-up for success in executing them.
- Additionally, you will manage all requirements, planning, and implementation of our core back-end solutions, comprising components for order processing, capacity management, resource planning and optimization, payment and operations support
- You will provide training on best practices, tools and processes and track the adoption and refine them based on feedback from local teams and other stakeholders
- You will be expected to create and maintain process documentation
- You will ensure operational efficiency day-to-day by continuously monitoring operational KPIs, identifying gaps and potentials in existing processes together with our operations experts and develop them into new solutions to extend our existing suite
Who you are
You are adaptable with a “can-do attitude”, positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- You are passionate about processes, their definition and implementation
- You have a strong interest in technology and how it can help to support the business operations and processes
- You excel at project management – you can manage multiple projects in a logical, structured and disciplined way and you describe yourself as data-driven to initiate and live the change.
- You are obsessive about improvement with a passion for continuous optimisation/
- You are a creative problem-solver and fixer: You are able to remove barriers and bottlenecks through collaboration, creativity and resourcefulness
- You are able to keep many plates spinning and stay on top of a wide range of areas and projects, giving most attention to those that need it without neglecting others
- You have a high personal standard that you set for yourself and that you expect from others in the respective work you do.
- We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours
- You will have a real impact at a fast-growing start up, revolutionising the laundry delivery space across the globe
- You will collaborate within a highly motivated, international and inspirational team
- Healthy snacks, drinks and free laundry every month
In your application, please provide some concrete examples of how you have lived and done the above. We absolutely love to see what you have crafted yourself, and hear you explain how and why you have done so in person once we meet.
We are looking forward to receiving your application documents! Let’s wash some dirty laundry together!