Product Manager – Hardware // SumUp
At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
As part of SumUp, you will develop state of the art payment terminals and terminal peripherals by working closely with our hardware/software/Industrial design team, marketing, and manufacturing partners, to envision, beautifully design, and certify for payment and security specifications. In addition, you will contribute to the unique SumUp culture which comprises a group of people that share the same vision.
What you’ll be doing in this job
- Define overall strategy, product roadmap and technical/feature specifications for new products based on long-term product vision, market needs and technical trends.
- Manage the product execution working closely with Engineering, Industrial Design, Product Design and key stakeholders to engineer the best experience for our merchants.
- Evaluate design and production decisions as part of the product development lifecycle.
- Accountability and execution of business models to achieve meaningful commercial success.
- Own and manage product life cycle from inception through execution and mass production.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of Product Management or similar experience
- Experience building and scaling B2B or B2C products
- Technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration experience
- MBA or direct experience in business operations experience
- Experience with cross-functional teams including Hardware, Software, Industrial Design, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Support and Legal
- Willingness to travel
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to champion initiatives internally and externally, and for effective communication with executive management and external partners
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- Visa sponsorship & relocation package if needed
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- German classes
- Yoga classes
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we’ve gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. Our team comes from 50 different countries creating a fun, international environment. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties, German classes, and yoga
Apply now! We are looking forward to receive your application!