Product Manager – Incubator lab (NBI) // Babbel
Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colorful by the day. Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere
We are looking for a Product Manager – New Business Initiatives (f/m/d) to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany!
- lead the ideation and launch of innovative features and products through hands-on collaboration in cross-functional teams that include internal and external developers, designers, user researchers, analysts, didactics experts, and marketers in an agile environment
- create buy-in on priorities and deliverables with stakeholders, including pitching product concepts and presenting progress/results to C-level executives
- prototype and test new features/products that capitalize on market opportunities as well as define go-to-market strategy for minimum viable products in partnership with marketing and business development
- translate product strategy into flexible user stories and/or prototypes so that engineering teams can deliver working software fast
- measure, monitor and analyze metrics to optimize existing features and to learn from minimum viable features/products
- develop not only features but also new products using market analysis, competitive benchmarking, and business cases to ensure revenue impact and return on investment
- support senior product managers in creating and executing on cross-platform product strategy and vision that solve real problems for our learners in ways that meet business needs
- coach and nurture less experienced product managers
- develop and execute on a product strategy and vision, aligned to company goals and commercial strategy, to deliver a product portfolio that is recognized as best in the industry
You have experience in:
- online product management with a proven track record of end-to-end delivery of successful products, preferably consumer-focused SAAS (5+ years)
- delivering 2-3 projects at the same time without much supervision
- understanding technology and see how it might be applied to help solve relevant problems
- Developing people
- a university degree, e.g. in Business Administration or Computer Science
- an ownership mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to persuade your colleagues that what they are investing their time, money, and careers in will be successful
- excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent English is a prerequisite
- worked in education or edtech (bonus)
- a good understanding of online marketing (bonus)
- a professional product person, who knows when to apply attention to detail, when to make raw prototypes quickly, and when to consult experts
- data driven
- excited about solving problems which have never been solved through analytical thinking as well as customer empathy
- eager to innovate and learn continuously through rapid testing
Babbel is the world’s most successful language learning app. Work with us to make a real impact in the world, in a meaningful way.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge
- We solve meaningful problems – at scale.
- Diversity and difference are our strengths; lifelong learning is our life’s blood
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- Tackle a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- Work in a challenging environment and where you’re expected to bring your game face
- Take advantage of a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Draw from a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- We offer great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog!
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us! +49 (0) 151 2051 6139 or get in touch with Tamara (email@example.com) for more information.