Product Manager (m/f) // Medigo
Founded in 2014, MEDIGO is a quickly growing HealthTech and InsurTech startup, supported by renowned investors such as Accel Partners (Facebook, Dropbox).
MEDIGO helps consumers and organizations find and arrange high-quality medical care worldwide. For consumers, medigo.com is an easy-to-use online platform that makes it simple to find and schedule affordable quality healthcare in more than 1,000 trusted hospitals and clinics. For partners, MEDIGO offers a unique critical illness insurance (CII) product and third-party administration (TPA) services. Over the past four years, we helped over 150,000 patients organize their international medical treatments with the leading medical centres in the US, Europe and Asia.
Headquartered in Berlin, we are now a team of over 50 people, passionate about patient empowerment, and price transparency in healthcare. We are organized into agile cross-functional teams with clear goals and autonomy. The key values that enable this structure to work and ensure happy and highly motivated team are transparency, open communication, data drive, teamwork, employee empowerment, and diversity. At the heart of our company is our core value of “doing the right thing” – our patients frequently put their lives into our hands and we carry a tremendous respect and sense of duty to always do our best to help.
For our Product Team, we are looking for a tech-loving person who is motivated to improve access to healthcare to join us as Product Manager (m/f).
As a Product Manager (m/f) you will be responsible for designing the most beautiful and user-friendly service for our customers as well as tech solutions to enhance our operations-heavy business. You will be working side by side with the Head of Product, our Product designer, and CTO and take care of the full product management cycle from ideation to seeing the features go live and assessing their impact.
The position is full-time, English-speaking, located in Berlin, and to be filled to the earliest possible date.
- Acquiring a deep understanding of our business operations and user needs
- Working together with the Head of Product and Project Leads to define the Product Strategy and contributing to the Product Roadmap creation
- Building of business cases for platform and operational tool improvement prioritization
- Gathering input from different business areas, business process modelling, information and database architecture, conceptualization and specification of new features
- Taking full responsibility of new features – working with the Product Designer, Business Intelligence, Content, Engineering teams and other stakeholders across the company to ensure feature smooth delivery
- Competitor research and analysis to secure MEDIGO’s leading position in the international healthcare space
- You have a degree in Business, Interaction Design or in an IT related field, a Master degree in these fields is a plus
- You have at least 2 years of Product Management experience in a start-up, experience in an InsureTech startup is a big plus.
- You have a user-centric mindset, and a proven track record of the full Product Management cycle including ideation, requirements and data collection, specification, collaboration with designers, data scientist and developers as well as releases.
- You have previously worked on business process modeling and have a good understanding of database setup
- You have worked with agile development teams and are a strong advocate of agile project management
- You have a strong business acumen and can prioritize tasks “in your sleep”, as well as excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- You work with great attention to detail
- You are not afraid of being a peer leader, take ownership and have proven to be a great team player
- You are fluent or native in English (knowledge of German is not required) and have excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of programming languages is a plus, but not required
- You have a genuine interest and passion for new technologies, startups, cryptos, 3D printers, VR, AI, flying skateboards, etc.
- Contribute to the development of an exciting platform that is a leader in its field
- Be part of the team of excellent developers, designers, data scientists and other professionals that directly impacts the company’s business strategy and success
- Develop your skills within an ambitious, professional, and supportive company where independent-thinking, transparent feedback and open communication are encouraged
- Be part of an innovative, truly international (20+ nationalities!) company and have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives