Product Manager (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 2 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category.
Why do we need you?
Blinkist is growing quickly and we are looking for a PM to help accelerate our ability to deliver a top-notch product to consumers. We are working on many streams at once – acquisition & growth, conversion & activation and retention and are looking for someone who would be comfortable working in any of these areas of the product.
You will be joining a small company with a huge mission and a healthy user base, with a lot more room to grow and develop. You will have a lot of autonomy in what you do, and in return for that will need to show that you can be responsible for running a part of the product and making sure your team has everything it needs to succeed.
As our Product Manager you will:
- Take ownership – fully own one part of the product, define vision and strategy, create roadmaps, identify opportunities, build features and test and iterate on them to ensure success
- Measure – define business and product metrics for the product, collect and analyze the data needed to test your assumptions and champion a data-driven approach to product development
- Connect – work with stakeholders from across the company to get input, build consensus and communicate your vision for the product and the path to achieving it
- Represent – act as the voice of the customer, conduct user research and ensure that user experience is never compromised
- Stay lean – prioritize, move quickly, test assumptions and focus on “better” not “more”
- Lead – work closely with your team of developers and designers and make sure things are going smoothly or figure out what needs to be fixed and fix it
- Do – create documents, run sprints, hold workshops and do whatever is necessary to build a great product, knowing when to focus on the details and when to zoom out to the big picture
- Understand – become intimately with the Blinkist market and stay on top of relevant technology and user trends to make sure Blinkist is always thinking ahead of the competition
To do this, we believe you need:
- 5+ years of experience in product, with a solid understanding of mobile technology and design
- You’re comfortable obtaining, manipulating and analyzing data
- You’re comfortable running user research and understand where and how it should be applied
- You’re a great communicator and can be convincing when you need to, but also know when to listen
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and know how to juggle many things at once
- You know when process and structure make things easier and when they get in the way
- You know how to think big picture, but never forget about the details
- You’re passionate about product and stay on top of what’s happening in the product world
- You may not be a developer, but you understand how technology is built and all the challenges therein
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free drinks, fresh fruit, and furious foosball fights, plus the nicest, smartest bunch of coworkers. Add a competitive salary, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Product Manager, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to be part of a rapidly-growing, popular and valuable product, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!